Help! I can't remember the name of this TMNT game.

NorseChief

Years ago, I played this tmnt arcade game and there seems to be no other game like it listed anywhere on the web or anywhere else. I cannot remember what its name was either. All the tmnt games I can find listed anywhere are completely different to the game I remember. And I definitely know that it did/does exist!

I remember playing it on some arcade machine in a game store when I was a kid. I recall that the characters were bigger on the screen and the fighting was somewhat comic-like ... similar to other tmnt games I have been able to find.

I remember distinctly that the first boss was leatherhead and I remember that all the characters looked quite different to how they look in other arcade tmnt games.

The only other game I could find that features leatherhead as the first boss is tmnt - the hyperstone heist, but I know for a fact that isn't the game because it is not how I remember it and it starts differently.

Could I perhaps be confusing it with a game from another gaming system. If so, do you know what that could be?

I have been searching for this game for years now but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet!

I was thinking that something weird could have happened like the game getting banned from certain countries, banned altogether because of certain content or erased for whatever reason. Do you know perhaps if games have been banned, erased, etc. in this manner in the past?

Please, if you perhaps know what game this could possibly be or why I cannot find it anywhere would you let me know? I am desperate to find this game! Could you help me find it please?

Thanks!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Do you know perhaps if games have been banned, erased, etc. in this manner in the past?
- Na , that would ironically make it easier to find.

The Hyperstone Heist is the only one I remember him being first.

He appears in :
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project: Boss (Sewer Level) -- Appearance is that of the action figure.
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time: Boss (Train Level) -- Before fight, says, "Oh goodie, fresh turtles for lunch." Appearance is that of the Original Cartoon design.
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist He appears as the boss of the first level. Appearance is that of the Original Cartoon design.
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus: Boss character in the Turtles' old lair, as well as Battle Nexus mode.
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare: Leatherhead is shown in the background in a cutscene near the end of Episode 1. There is no reason given why he is there in space with the Turtles, Casey, and April. In reality, this is because the scene was taken directly from the cartoon, where he was with them for some time.

But I'm sure you found that.

Last edited:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Cant think of a single reason why tmnt games would get baned. Can you remember what year you played the game?