Help! I cannot get any ps2 game to load on any version of Pcsx2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanllgg45

I really need some help because I cannot seem to get my ps2 game to load up on Pcsx2. It only loads up on version 9.0.1, but the graphics are all messed up and it doesn't work right. I tried downloading every Pcsx2 emulator that is beta, but I had no use. But all in the beta Pcsx2 emulators, it said nothing about a pixel shader. So that was good! Maybe you don't need a pixel shader for the Pcsx2 beta version. But version 9.0.6 you do need one. I try to run my game which is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I clicked on Run CD, but it said error loading SYSTEM.CNF. I think that I did not load that up right or something. Shouldn't that be the iso image of the game instead? Not SYSTEM.CNF? Well anyway, just help me out and let me know so I can play my Ps2 games freely with no problem at all. So please let me know how to fix this issue I am having. So thank you very much! :mad: :confused:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The system.cnf file is part of the PCSX2 boot process where it determines things like what video modes to use etc. The fact its generating an error probably means something about your computer isn't sufficient to run the emulator as it tried to enable a routine that your computer doesn't support.

I'm guessing your system specs aren't up to running the emulator. What are your PC specs (processor, Ram, and Graphics card) and what operating system are you running?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.