Grandia sound help.

Tsura

Okay, I'm using Eternal SPU, PSXeven, and the sound is wigging out. The music and SFX play pretty normal, but there's a lot of static and high pitched beeps and screeches coming out too. Also, the voice overs screw up and speak random words in the conversation. I've tried it with a different plugin, and with ePSXe, but it does the same thing. XA sound is turned on. Any advice?

Last edited:

hagbard

Just by the case, does enabling SPU IRQ hack helps? If you're running it from a real CD, try to make & use an ISO image. Peops soft GPU it's a very good sound plugins too.

montpics

Hmm.... Will test it out and report back to you the next time I come back online. :cool:

montpics

montpics said:
Hmm.... Will test it out and report back to you the next time I come back online. :cool:
Tested it.

Eventually I found out that the timing of sound/voice and cutscene from that game screwed a bit. (Due emulation problem I guess) I will test it further with other plugins in times to come. :cool:

hagbard

Did you try SSSPSX, Xebra or pSX? Not as compatible as ePSXe or PSXeven, but still very nice emulators, and pSX doesn't even need plugins

montpics

hagbard said:
Did you try SSSPSX, Xebra or pSX? Not as compatible as ePSXe or PSXeven, but still very nice emulators, and pSX doesn't even need plugins
Speaking of Xebra, could you manage to make it work?

hagbard

Oh yeah:

1) Run Xebra
2) "File" -> "Open" -> "OS ROM image" -> select a PSX BIOS (only SCPH1001.BIN tested)
3) "Files" -> "Open" -> Select "Run1(Interpreter)", "Run2(reCompiler)" or "Run3(reCompiler)"
3) "Files" -> "Open" -> "CD-ROM image": select a BIN image (no other images tested)
4) "Run" -> "Reset"
5) To quit the emulator, first "Run" -> "Pause"

I've only tested Valkirye Profile Metal Slug X, both working. I find Xebra a very promising emulator, but still on early stages of development IMHO

Update: some pics to show it's working

xebra1.jpg

xebra2.jpg

xebra3.jpg

Last edited:

montpics

Doh! Now I'm pretty sure what's wrong I'd been through. BIOS file........ Will test it out after that. ;)