Getting Ehrgeiz to work..

The14thGOD

does anyone else have a problem getting this game to work? I can get it to work till the screen where you choose what you want to do, and then no matter what i click it goes to the "loading" and then it goes off and its all black and i have to close it cause it doens tload anything.

any idea what this is?
here are my settings:
http://stu.aii.edu/~jah368/Settings.jpg
No i do not want the sound thats why its disabled

Computer specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Asus 52x CD Rom
ATI Radeon 9600 All in Wonder XT
7200 RPM hard Drive
SATA Hard drive (this is the one the emulator is on )
ASUS k8n-e delux motherboard
soundblaster audigy
2gb kingston pc3200 ram
amd anthlon 64 3200+ cpu

thanks in advance for any help

edit: i should say im running it off the cd rom drive, the asus 52x one.

Last edited:

hagbard

Since you're running it from a CD-ROM, it would be good to use a good CDr plugin like Sapu or PEOpS. If you can't run the IOCTL (SPTI) mode, you can enable it: "Devices - restrict CD-ROM acces to current user" on "Control Panel" -> "Administration Tools" -> "Local security policies" -> "Local policies". Otherwise, install the ASPI layer with the ForceASPI script, or with the Ahead implementation. Run the game from from an ISO or mount it with Daemon Tools should help btw.

Other important question is that you've "special game fixes" enabled, but I don't know which one because this screen it's not shown. It's heavily recommend to disable them all unless the game you're trying to play is listed there.

Also you're using the Pet's OGL2 GPU plugin, which stringly hardware dependant, so you might get better results with Pete's D3D, OGL or even PEOpS which it's the most compatible.

It's another known fact that ePSXe 1.6.0 has some compatibilty issues, so 1.5.2 works better with some games. PSXeven it's a good emu too.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:

montpics

Plus, I still recommend that you try to use Eternal SPU plugin for Sound. :cool:

hagbard

DVD decrypter makes ISOs only from DVDs, not CDs. Use Isoproducer, CDrwin, Nero, etc. Get DAEMON Tools 4.00 (not the x64 version) to mount the created ISOs on its virtual rive, it's optional but recommended.

Last edited:

The14thGOD

sorry for the long awaited response

well i got the iso, doesnt work from just the iso

and i was about to install deamon 4.0, and it said some warrning bout not being compatible with something, and something about a kernal debugger, what is that? and do i need to worry bout it?

thanks in advance

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
Don't worry about the kernal debugger message, i'm pretty sure you wont be using one, besides, you can always uninstall dameon tools

Are you using the correct Playstation BIOS? If it's a PAL(Euro or Asian) game or NTSC (North American) game, you need the correct BIOS

The14thGOD

alright, thanks

im pretty sure im using the right bios...where do you get the pal version...? (might as well try it, maybe ill get lucky)

hagbard

The14thGOD said:
...where do you get the pal version...?
You can't request any BIOS, ROMs or ISO images here. Read the Forum Rules

ticktock said:
Are you using the correct Playstation BIOS? If it's a PAL(Euro or Asian) game or NTSC (North American) game, you need the correct BIOS
Nope, PSX games are not region BIOS dependant if you bypass the protection with a chip/cd loader on the real console, and doesn't even matter on emulators because the protection it's on the real hardware. Conclusion, stick with any working one, SCPH-1001 and SCPH-7502 are mainly tested are known working BIOSes

hagbard

As Montpics said in other thread: Can you browse the image once mounted on a DT virtual drive?

hagbard

Again, there some possibilities:

1) CD-r plugin not correctly configured, for example not selected the correct drive
2) IOCTL not accesible if selected (not running WIn 2k/XP/2003 or security block)
3) Missing ASPI if it's selected on the plugin
4) Corrupted ASPI instalation
5) Corrupted ePSXe registry entries

To fix any of this problems read the entire thread

hagbard

I'll try it later