GBA color discrepancy

ijourneyman

Does anybody know why there is a difference between the colors displayed with emulators vs. those displayed on the actual GBA, and how this can be remedied? I own a copy of FF Tactics Advance but got a ROM for it so I can more easily take screenshots. I've tried using it on the VBA emulator and the Boycott emulator and on both all ROM's I've tried have run at a significantly brighter color than the real game. Thx for any help you can provide.

IJ

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am not sure but if you read the manual of GBA you will notice that it can only display at maximum 32000 colors.The emulator may be use more,or use the ones of the PC itself which for sure are more than 32000 colors.I don't think you can fix this but you can try NINTENDO DS which another handheld who has full support for GBA Cartdriges.May be NINTENDO DS has more colors,send a mail at nintendo from

WWW.NINTENDO.COM to know how much colors NINTENDO DS has.

As for the GBA it has a maximum of 32000 colors.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by ijourneyman@Nov 4 2004, 05:18 PM
Does anybody know why there is a difference between the colors displayed with emulators vs. those displayed on the actual GBA, and how this can be remedied? I own a copy of FF Tactics Advance but got a ROM for it so I can more easily take screenshots. I've tried using it on the VBA emulator and the Boycott emulator and on both all ROM's I've tried have run at a significantly brighter color than the real game. Thx for any help you can provide.

IJ
Don't listen to Belmont, he's talking a lot of bullshit. Don't post "help" just for the sake of it, Belmont.

The colours look different on your monitor... well, because they're on a monitor and not a backlit reflective screen. You can adjust your brightness etc. or just deal with it.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I told him the same as you.I told him what he asked me,i didn't do anything wrong except that i give him useful information.

AND YOU WILLY DON'T JUST POSTS JUST TO TELL THAT I AM TELLING A LOT OF BULLSHIT,CAUSE THE ONE WHO TELLS THIS ARE YOU.

He just asked why and i explained it.Even he deals with it he will never play a real game with the colors of an ROM image,that's for sure.

And i didn't do it only for the sake of helping.I did it cause i felt it.You speak for yourself not for the others.

And even adjusting his brightness never a ROM who is played in an emu will be with the same colors of the original game THAT'S FOR SURE WILL. :angry:

J

Jet Set Willy

Leon, be quiet. You have no idea what you're talking about. Colour mapping in handheld devices is an issue because ol the display medium. The answer is to adjust brightness, contrast, gamma etc. It's not about some badly formed idea about "more" colours. That doesn't even make sense technically.That's for sure will.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well i am not playing anymore with you

You can say what you wanna say just don't get my way :D

Jale

A computer monitor has catodic ray tubes that makes to show colors on the screen and the GBA screen is LCD. There's a huge difference...