Gamepads

alex_smith

Hello,

I have a question about connecting 3 gamepads and using various emulators. My 3 gamepads are: Logitech Dual Action, Logitech Rumble Pad 2, and Thrustmaster FireStorm Dual Power 2. The problem I have with each emulator is I cannot find a way to map one of these controllers to be "joypad 1" or "joypad 2". Since I'm using a laptop, I don't have the controllers plugged in all the time, and I usually just need to plug in one. However, if I set my standard gamepad as "joypad 1" configurations, every time I plug a new gamepad in that usually takes over the "joypad 1" configurations and it's a hassle to reconfigure controls.

Hopefully that all makes sense, I just want to know if there's a way to map one of these gamepads as "joypad 1" or "joypad 2" in these emulators.

Zach

There is no way because of the nature of plug and play. Once you take a controller out of the system, it is no longer there, so naturally it is replaced by whatever is plugged in. The only way to keep your settings is to keep them plugged in at all times, which isn't really feasible with a Laptop.

alex_smith

Darn. I was hoping there was some kind of program I could download that can organize these controllers for a situation like mine.