GAMECUBE???

spotanjo3

Never mind. I am wrong in some way, ok? You are wrong in some way too. Go to NGC emulator team and they will tell you otherwise. I am just test of this emulator. You are against their development team. That's all I am saying is that it's working fine with many games I test, period. You don't have to believe me. I am enjoying this emulator and I am testing it now. They are release it already but you have to complied it yourself until they decide to release binary version when they feel that their beta testers are satisfied with it first. I say no more, thanks.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I didnt say "dumb" did I ? I never say that. I dont see the word in there.

Anyway, the framerate is not doing well because it was a little bit older version and there is latest version which is not out yet. We are the test and we complied svn that is update everyday to report the bugs and problem to the NGC EMULATOR developer but the fps for a fully speed of the latest version shown 30 fps and accord to the NGC developer emulator and it's VERY playable and fully.

The Zelda Wind Waker fps is 30 and fully speed and no graphic errors at all. I almost finish with few games without a problem include zelda TP..

I am saying that I am tired of some people who dont know nothing about emulators and will tell you that it is not playable or anything and they are act like they pretend they knew and confused people like you when it is really playable. I dont like people being assume and guess and lying too much. You are doing just fine and I am not saying you.. OK ? :)

Not really Rockman. What you are saying is that there is a closed beta that's improved over the version available to anyone on the forum who might use the current version.

So effectively until a better working version is actually released its irrelevant whether it exists at all. I'm sure mamedev have builds of mame running all sorts of stuff that's not in the public releases, it doesn't mean its right to tell end users something works when its not available to end users.

All that does is frustrate people, and waste their time who are trying to get the results you are telling them are possible, when they don't realise they can't actually get access to the version that you're testing.

Your tone as usual is condescending and offensive to many users, and your advice as usual applies to you and your system rather than giving an accurate answer for them and their system.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I have to come here because I am tired of some people know nothing about emulators and assume and say it is fake or not work or anything...
I said its fake and saying KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EMULATORS i see as a smart way of saying i am dumb

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I said its fake and saying KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EMULATORS i see as a smart way of saying i am dumb

Its not Fake. There just isn't a complete version with good compatibility on public release. So as far as end users are concerned GC emulation still isn't very good.

When they eventually release the current closed beta, if it has lots of improvements then great, but for now at least, users talking about how they can get the emulator to work like this and do that, when they are talking about a closed beta are simply trying to look clever, it doesn't however help users who are trying to get the current public release working properly, which is what this site is meant to be about - not users who know what they are doing, but supporting new users who don't......sad really.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Its not Fake. There just isn't a complete version with good compatibility on public release. So as far as end users are concerned GC emulation still isn't very good.

When they eventually release the current closed beta, if it has lots of improvements then great, but for now at least, users talking about how they can get the emulator to work like this and do that, when they are talking about a closed beta are simply trying to look clever, it doesn't however help users who are trying to get the current public release working properly, which is what this site is meant to be about - not users who know what they are doing, but supporting new users who don't......sad really.
i know what a close beta is, but i did not actually hear anyone bragging around that they have a good working gc game. -except for that friend from that guy who posted that topic- /woah weird sentence\

There just isn't a complete version with good compatibility on public release. So as far as end users are concerned GC emulation still isn't very good.
thats what i ment

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I have to come here because I am tired of some people know nothing about emulators and assume and say it is fake or not work or anything... You guys need to go to http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/ for more knowledgement.

No! You need to stop acting like you're so knowledgable and speak up. i've tried to get things clear about GC emulation and *noone* can give me a straight answer. you just keep pitching the same old line over and over.
"You only need core 2 duo and better video card and above 2gb of ram."

What the h*ll do you mean with better video card? That's no help!!! What defines a "better" video card?? You have posted a couple of times and you have sent me 2 PM's but nowhere have you tried to explain yourself and your statements before.
When you say that you play this and that you need to provide some proof and/or some explanation as to what is necessary to do what you do. Else people will call you a fake or a lyer!

No, there is no such things with two pc.. and there is no such things as 2 pc's separately and both could run the game. Wrong!

I didn't think so either. I was just trying to find out what XeroForever meant.

In that case if you want to ignore the fact that the games don't work properly then yes some games will physically run on the emulator 'if' you have a Core2Duo, 2Gb+ ram and a good GPU.

Well, if the game mechanics work and I can finish the game AND the fps is acceptable then I would say the game is playable. But that info is hard to come by here...

GC emulation is nowhere near as complete as N64 emulation.

I never said that. I just pointed it out since the N64 ganes are considered "playable". That term can mean a lot of things...

Anyway, the framerate is not doing well because it was a little bit older version and there is latest version which is not out yet.

I agree with FatTrucker. Don't come and say it works when it's a version that's not public yet! That is, unless that version is accessible by everyone. if you had said this from the start we wouldn't be in this messy thread.

I dont like people being assume and guess and lying too much.

Well, I would say you brought it on yourself this time. Put all the facts on the table next time. I know alot about emulation but I need decent, straight answers.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Put all the facts on the table next time. I know alot about emulation but I need decent, straight answers.

In fairness, I thought I did that with my first post where I said no. Everyone seemed to go nuts at that point and started arguing, wanting specifics, wanting answers etc....which is what usually happens when discussing emulators that people really want to work.

So a simple no was accurate and would have saved a lot of confusion, wasted time and faffing about (as I advised in the first place). Its taken 2 days and 3 pages of posts to reach the conclusion I gave in the first place. :D

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
In fairness, I thought I did that with my first post where I said no. Everyone seemed to go nuts at that point and started arguing, wanting specifics, wanting answers etc....which is what usually happens when discussing emulators that people really want to work.

So a simple no was accurate and would have saved a lot of confusion, wasted time and faffing about (as I advised in the first place). Its taken 2 days and 3 pages of posts to reach the conclusion I gave in the first place. :D

Ok, in all fairness you did. What you didn't do however was provide some explanation or more details on the subject when it really was your 'No' against some other people's 'Yes' and no side could tell me enough so that I could pick out the 'truth' for myself. Anyways, that matter's cleared up and I'll just wait for the next release of Dolphin. :happy:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Never mind. I am wrong in some way, ok? You are wrong in some way too. Go to NGC emulator team and they will tell you otherwise. I am just test of this emulator. You are against their development team. That's all I am saying is that it's working fine with many games I test, period. You don't have to believe me. I am enjoying this emulator and I am testing it now. They are release it already but you have to complied it yourself until they decide to release binary version when they feel that their beta testers are satisfied with it first. I say no more, thanks.

It's very hard to follow this thread and your answers when you're editing a previous post instead of making a new post. But never mind that now.

I hope you're not stating that I'm wrong about something here because I'm not.
We believe you in this:
You are an official(?) tester for the emu and in the latest unofficial version you get some games working quite well. We believe you!

But when it's not official and accessible for the public (a version you have to compile yourself is not accessible to the general public) it's of *no use* for someone asking if it's working well enough so that they can play a game.
I think that is the biggest misunderstanding here. But thanks anyway for all the info on the progress. I think I have my answer now. ;)

Ecbo

need a little help her=P when i start the emulator(Dolphin) and load upp a game i get upp a massage... u can not play before u have enterd the plug in controller and it is some erro on som BIN. files... wtf is this all about??=P plz help me=D

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
What is all this crap about?

retroguiden, Not sure if you got a straight answer.. yes GC emulation works. You need a vista machine with a core duo and the latest "unreleased" co-op code for dolphin.

Yes I have played games, yes they are glitchy, and yes they run choppy at times. but playable IMO.

If you did come to the conclusion in 4 thread then disregard.

Last edited: