forced feedback with saitek P2500

alejobar

Hi I'm trying to enable the forced feedback or rumble with my saitek p2500 game pad. Does anyone had this working? and with what games works? please let me know. I'm using epsxe by the way.

hagbard

Hi, alejobar. First of all your gamepad drives might support and have enabled the rumble/force feedback/whatever, and make sure it's plugged since the options might not available if isn't:

Windows "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Printers and other hardware" -> "Game Devices"

Once you're sure it's enabled, run ePSXe:

Menu "Config" -> "Game Pad" -> "Pad 1" -> "Type" combobox: "DX Joy1" (if your pad ID is 1) -> "Big Motor" & "Small Motor": select "Constant" or "Sine".

Last edited:

alejobar

Thanks Hagbard, I try what you told me and other stuff but I can't make it work:angry: , I know the rumble works, because I use it with other pc games with no problems. And I try it in the control panel config too. But nothing happened with epsxe :(

hagbard

I'd try a game that have rumble function for sure as I'm sure you did, (Tekken 3, FFVIII-IX, Fromt Mission 3, GT1-2, Ridge Racer 4, etc), and enable the Force Feedback in the game too. Also you need to select the Analog/Digital mode on ePSXe Gamepad config menu. Press F5 while playing to enable/disable it.

alejobar

Yeah I tried that too, with GT2, Spyro and Tekken. I press F5, anable rumble ain the game and still nothing. I tried using PSXeven with harakiri pad and the rumble work, too bud I don't like PSXeven too much beacuse gave me errors to offten :dry:

hagbard

Well, PSXeven it's getting better and better, and so on SSSPSX, so if you keep the harakiri pad plugin and the other GPU, SPU and CDr pugins that work best for you, it might worth to try out.

That's the only way while ePSXe doesn't add support for Input plugins, as it was somehow announced

Last edited:

alejobar

Hey Hagbard, I was trying and trying and so far the rumble works with Spyro and Sylent Hill, its kind of soft rumble but at least works.:)

hagbard

Glad to see it's more or less working :p

alejobar

More good news! now works with Xmen Mutant Academy 1 and 2, and also with Syphon filter 3. So far soo good :p too bad doesn't work with GT2 and tekken 3.. oh well :eek:

alejobar

I found the problem, and now I make it work with Tekken 3 and GT2, first I went to game pad config, then change the status of the second gamepad to unplugged. After that I just run the game and the rumble works perfect!. Once the rumbles works for the first time i just change the second game pad to classic and the first one still rumbles. I hope this help others! :p