Final Fantasy Save games gone!?

Bluedawn

Ok Ive been playing FFVII and other PS1 games on ePSXe then I stoped playing for awhile and just did some other stuff well I came back after about 1month. and load up FFVII to finaly finish playing and what the hell?! all my Saved games for all my games are just gone? what the hell happend there the spots and titles of the Memory spots i was saving to all along but all the data is gone. any help?

Corbin

you could try going to game faqs they have saved games for download, try to find one from around where you are and jsut use that

Bluedawn

Yeah I tried that but the Saved games just dont work. How do I get them to work with ePSXe 1.6.0?

montpics

Grab Aldos memorycard manager 1.3. Convert *.GME format into *.MCR or *.MC format, and load it. :cool:

>CLICK HERE!<

hagbard

No need to convert GME to ePSXe MCR format, it should work directly ;)

Bluedawn

well it dosent and the thing he recommended is great I love it helps out alot.
but I would like to know what the hell happend in the first place that whould have gotten rid of my save games in the first place is it some kind of bug?

montpics

hagbard said:
No need to convert GME to ePSXe MCR format, it should work directly ;)
Apparently not all PS memory card formats are supported by any PS emulator, by the way I tested so far. :)

@Bluedawn :
I personally recommend that you try the ePSXecutor, a frontend for ePSXe that would let you know that those memory card can be used or still exist.

One more thing, better don't 'share' a memory card file to other emulators as it might corrupt the file. :)

hagbard

montpics said:
Apparently not all PS memory card formats are supported by any PS emulator, by the way I tested so far. :)
Yeah, but GME support it's documented on the eSPXe help file, plus the emulator might load that files (I thought so at least) :p

RED SAGA

ok i download the gme file....i put it in the memory card folder...and start the game....but it didnt work

do i really have to convert it?

hagbard

First of all try to select the memcard save file with ePSXe (config -> memory card -> [1] -> select that file). If still doesn't work, download what montpics said above and convert it to the mcr format

RED SAGA

hagbard said:
First of all try to select the memcard save file with ePSXe (config -> memory card -> [1] -> select that file). If still doesn't work, download what montpics said above and convert it to the mcr format

I will try that:)