FF7 Not loading up.

hydrazon

I can't seem to get FF7 to work on ePSXe, though Castlevania is working perfectly.

I'm not sure how to explain it but Castlevania is running on a .BIN while FF7 is a .ISO

All 3 ff7 files look like extractable files but with .ISO at the end.

This is the only game that I can't seem to get running properly, ive been working on it for almost 3 hours now. The only thigns I can find are from other people (durring gameplay) (Not gameplay startup).

EDIT: Went reading through the forums and noticed someone else with a similiar problem. (virtual Drives)

I have daemon tools and I've used this before, I set my
CDROM to P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 and selected the correct drive that I mounted ff7 disk one ISO onto, yet same black screen/nothing happening.

I'll keep reading while I wait for a reply.

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Try using ePSXe 1.5.2 if your not already using it.

How did you get this file?? Maybe it is not what it seems unless you ripped it your self.

If all else fails download pSX 1.8 it should run on that.

hydrazon

Yeah maybe this game should have it's own little section of how to's.

I Was using 1.6.0 and then tried 1.5.2, and didn't even know there was a 1.8.

I'll get 1.8 and try this as well.

I ripped it from a reliable source, I just extracted the .iso files today (just to see what would happen) and it looks EXACTLY like the ff7 DISK 1 would look when you insert it into your computer and view them.

EDIT: Well just got psx 1.8 and when I try to open it it says "this application could not start becuase d3dx9_26.dll was not found. Re Installing the application may fix the problem." I'm pretty sure thats a direct X file so off for more research on that.

>.> This game is hell and it's so worth fixing (2 day download)

Got metal gear solid and it's working fine as well.

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
no it shouldnt have its own section it already has like 100 threads just for it.
people should just search and read all the threads and then if it doesnt work they can ask a question.

hydrazon

Dissaggree, if theres 100 threads or more. Then it should most definatly have it's own section for much easier help on this subject rather than getting fed up with looking through pages and pages of non related issues.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Well thats your opinion talk to Lefty or one of the Mods and see if they agree with you. Though youll be the one required to make such a thread for them to Sticky it as it is your idea.

montpics

I Was using 1.6.0 and then tried 1.5.2, and didn't even know there was a 1.8.
Don't make this a confusion to yourself as the latest version of ePSXe is 1.6.0 while pSX (another PS emulator) is 1.8.

I ripped it from a reliable source, I just extracted the .iso files today (just to see what would happen) and it looks EXACTLY like the ff7 DISK 1 would look when you insert it into your computer and view them.
Did you able to find out what is inside the ISO file. (There's a possibility that that is a PC one.)

EDIT: Well just got psx 1.8 and when I try to open it it says "this application could not start becuase d3dx9_26.dll was not found. Re Installing the application may fix the problem." I'm pretty sure thats a direct X file so off for more research on that.
Then get the lastest version of DirectX. :cool: