FF7 again.. sorry

Zalitz

I just finished playing LOD and it worked perfectly fine.. excellent game, now i'm moving on to FF7 and when i choose new game it'll show the stars..and then go extremely slow... and have very delayed sounds, it generally messes up my computer if i let it keep going so i exit it as fast as i can. I know that the video driver is fine because after the squaresoft symbol the credits come up, and the sound and picture is exactly as it should be, same speed, same sound, pictures good. When i messed around with different video drivers the picture would not be there, or would be too fast etc, sometimes the sound would be off. I've seen other posts like mine on different forums but i've never seen a decent response. If anyone that thinks they could help me... much appreciated, i've also screwed around with the game fix settings on the video and sound drivers but nothings come up yet.

Video driver is.... Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 7500 DDR x86/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 0
- Framebuffer effects: 1
- Framebuffer uploads: 0

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: off
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000403]

and sound...Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
and cdrm....ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

if anyone could help me out.. with maybe proper config settings.. or a proper driver.. thanks... oh and the bios.. is..bios41A.bin

montpics

For your case, your graphic card seemed not the latest ones in which you should use Pete's OpenGL v1.* instead, or Pete's D3D DX7 as well. Slow movement a little bit is very much common for my PC especially during battle mode. But still can play it though. ;)

Zalitz

No i mean like it runs perfeclty fine threw the credits, but when i start the new game, the opening movie like.. goes so slow it's about to freeze you know? My computer can handle it i'm sure, i've played ff8 on it a while ago.. and it played video's beautifully... this is just a common problem with ff7 and ePSXe.. i've seen a few posts like it on different sites.

hagbard

Why don't try Pete's OGL (not OGL2) with "Unfiltered framebuffer updates" on?

Zalitz

Tryed your idea and it didn't work, and to the other guy... .i can't even get passed the first movie.. how am i supposed to know how it runs in game?

montpics

Zalitz said:
Tryed your idea and it didn't work, and to the other guy... .i can't even get passed the first movie.. how am i supposed to know how it runs in game?
If you want to skipped the movie only, you can switch the GPU configuration to 'FAST' mode to make to movie go faster.

BTW, did you own the game or simply download it? Or did your CD have a scratch or something? :cool:

Zalitz

Yea.. i did that last night :p, cept id idnt' do the fast thing, i let it play out... took an hour and half to finish the opening movie, now it's working perfectly fine, i'm just playing with options to upgrade graphics etc..... otherwise game works well on my original settings, and i have the CD it might just be caused by scratches.... my buddy's lettn me borrow it so... it kinda looks like shit :p maybe that was it... but the video's in game so far look nice so i dunno what makes it diff from the starting one.. anyway.. if anyone has this problem just let the opening vid play through.. and u should be ok thx for everyone trying to help