ePSXe Question

SNEX

The Child of Time
Sorry to ask but, I'm really relatively new to Sony Emulation....

Does ePSXe emulate a game via while in a Disc as in:

I bought a 2 Disc PSX game
I inserted the first disc on my comp.
I open up ePSXe configured and fiddled all the required plug-ins and bioses(It's really not that hard to configure.)

And now what?

I'm planning to buy Chrono Cross and I'm using ePSXe 1.6.0

yocho182

search in google you find bios (look for the three bios bios of Japan's / U.S. /and Europe because if you use an American game and recommended that use the bios American) and plugins (look for plugin that works according to your configuration of your PC)

Mystic

Banned
You can run a game straight off the disc. You just need to go to Config --> Cdrom and have it running from your D drive (or whatever drive your disc is in). However, it runs faster if your turn it into an ISO and play it that way.

Also, there is a newer version of ePSXe.

SNEX

The Child of Time
You can run a game straight off the disc. You just need to go to Config --> Cdrom and have it running from your D drive (or whatever drive your disc is in). However, it runs faster if your turn it into an ISO and play it that way.

Also, there is a newer version of ePSXe.

About how fast it is when it is on the disc?
And ya I know there's a new version.

:)

yocho182

I already knew about the bios files a long time ago, you can't seem to comprehend what is my question.

:)

Mystic

Banned
I can't give you a specific speed, but I know the computer CD drives only spin everyone once in a while and it can cause lag. If you use the ISO it never needs to spin and runs all the way through.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
In most cases you will be fine using the original disk so long as your dvd drive can read it ok. The problem usually is that the original PS1 drives were incredibly slow primitive things and modern drives can have difficulty throttling themselves to read the disks properly.

Your best bet is if you notice lag then try ripping the disk to an ISO, if you don't expereince lag then you don't need to worry.

Usually its just a question of telling ePSXe which drive you're using and selecting the cdrom option from the file menu. If you find you're having difficulties try using a different cdrom plugin. I'm using P.E.Op.S CDR driver 1.4 and it works fine.

Last edited: