ePSXe problems...

koppy12345

Hey, I don't know if this website has any problem with talking about illegal downloading, but I'll give it a try anyway...

Here's my Plug-in setup, and specs, just in case:

Video: Pete's OpenGL 1.77 (Have others, if needed)
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.5
BIOS: scph1001

3gb Ram
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

Umm... I dunno... I'm not really a computer person... That's all I know off the top of my head. :(

Anyway, I downloaded the first CD of Valkyrie Profile (I am assuming that you can run the game with only the first CD, if not, then I'll get the second :p) from RomHustler, and I have now tried to run it with ePSXe ver. 1.7.

What I get is one of two things...

- With the OpenGL 1.77 Plugin - A totally black screen... No sound, no video.

- With other Video Plugins - A black screen with a Playstation controller in the top right hand corner, with '1' and 'Standard' shown near it...

I have the 11 parts of the first CD saved as they originally come (In '.bin' and '.cue' format), but I have also used CDBurnerXP to turn them into '.iso' files...

I know that something is wrong... Shouldn't I have a file that... Is all of the parts, compressed, or something?

Really, I'm new to this kinda thing, and any help is appreciated.

P.S. In case you didn't get the hint, please explain everything as simply as possible, thank you :p.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Multi-Part disk images usually come in a .rar archive. What you would normally do is put all of the .rar files into a single folder then extract the first one (usually [filename]01.rar
Winrar will automatically unzip all the other .rar files in order leaving you with a single ISO or bin/cue file, if you've unzipped them all seperately you'll just be left with a load of useless ISO/bin/cue fragments.