ePSXe just for one game.

cmsht3

Hello everyone. Can someone tell me if my PC can run a PS one emulator. The only have Intel HD graphics (don't know what version) is it enough? I'm not considering buying a new Graphics card just to play one game. (silent Hill) Thanks for any help.

Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10GHz

8.00GB RAM

Windows 7 64x

cmsht3

I started another thread because this is my first time using these forums. I didn't know about the delay for the post to show. I will delete it as soon as it appears.

Last edited:

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Your computer will run that easily.

I only have 6Gb RAM and a duo 1.5Ghz processor, and it runs at full speed.

cmsht3

Your computer will run that easily.

I only have 6Gb RAM and a duo 1.5Ghz processor, and it runs at full speed.

It does work thanks. I've wanted to play this agian. Playing with the keyboard is a pain. What controller works with PSX 1.13 ?(XBOX360?)

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
Consider buying a cheap GFX because that PC is a monster!!No kidding with that configuration and a 1 GB gfx you'll be able to play pcsx2 (PS2) games on your pc with normal speed.

cmsht3

Consider buying a cheap GFX because that PC is a monster!!No kidding with that configuration and a 1 GB gfx you'll be able to play pcsx2 (PS2) games on your pc with normal speed.

Really? I've been reading on these forums that i need a dual core CPU. I don't know anything about graphics cards. (PCI Express,Installation,Specs to look for.) The PC is a Lenovo K330b

Checking the device manager under "processors" it has Intel Core i3-2100CPU @ 3.10ghz Assuming I'm reading it right. would it run slow on Intel HD Graphics 2000?

Which one of these would work best. Not knowing what I should be looking for the EVGA specs look more impressive.

EVGA - GeForce 8400 GS 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card ($39.99)

Video Memory 1GB
Interface Slot Type PCI Express
Type of Processor GeForce 8400 GS
Number of Processors 8
Clock Speed of Video Memory (RAMDAC) 520MHz effective
Maximum 2D Resolution (at 32-bit color) Up to 2048 x 1536
Maximum 3D Resolution (at 32-bit color) Up to 1920 x 1200
Supports MPEG-1, 2 No
TV-Out No
Stereo Sound No
DVD Decoding Yes
S-Video Output No
Software Included Driver CD-ROM
System Requirements Windows XP, Vista or 7; 350W power supply
Graphics Chip NVIDIA

Sapphire - Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card (

Type of Video Card Graphics
Video Memory 1GB
Interface Slot Type PCI Express
Type of Processor Radeon HD 5450
Number of Processors 1

testmachine

Old member
Consider buying Nvidia GeForce GT240.Those graphics require a lot of power.This one is only 6 watt on idle and 40 watt in gaming.
+It's cheap and has good performance in games.

cmsht3

Consider buying Nvidia GeForce GT240.Those graphics require a lot of power.This one is only 6 watt on idle and 40 watt in gaming.
+It's cheap and has good performance in games.

I checked Nvidia's site the GeForce GT240 minimium power usage is 300. My power supply is 280w?