epsxe + gamepad help

sundal

I scanned the stickies but couldnt find the information. Was hoping maybe someone here has ran into this problem and knows a way around it.

I got my gamepad to work... kind of. Using the thumbsticks I can move around. But none of the other buttons work. Start, select, x, y, etc etc. Do not respond.

I've downloaded the lastest drivers for the gamepad, and in the windows contol panel all buttons respond correctly.

When I configure the gamepad via the epsxe menu the buttons work there also. If I edit the start button and press a button on the gamepad it will recognize it and replace it on the configuration screen.

It's only ingame that the button do not work. I've tried with two different roms with the same problem. The analog stick seems to work and lets me move around... but the other buttons do not work.

I've been trying to download some plugins for it but that doesnt seem to work either. Can anyone give some advice?

sundal

Well after messing with it for a whole day I figured it out. I dont know if this is just a problem for me because of the gamepad I was using(gravis). Or if it's a problem with the epsxe.

But if I configure the analog stick then it deactivates all the other buttons.

What I did was configured the analog first. Then went back to the configuration screen and pressed "default", restoring all the original buttons. It still kept my configuration for the analog though.

After that I was able to change the button schemes to match my gamepad. It works like a regular playstation controller now.

Important to note that you still need to update drivers, since the windows xp drivers were a bit screwy in that it recognized my gamepad as a joystick -- prompting me to adjust x/y axis. The x/y turned out to be part of the directional pad, and part of the second analog stick(left side).