Emulator Problem: ePSXe and PS3 Controller

HRJ86

Hello there everyone i'm a new user to this form and i'm looking to hopefully get some answers to my dilemma at hand!

Alright so this is the deal with the problem: Just got ePSXe Emulator up and running, everything seems to be in order :happy: and got Chrono Chross (Disk 1) just to test out. Good upload and no major issues, well besides some adjustments to the frame rate. Well for some reason now my PS3 controller will not allow me to input the right buttons in the corresponding places; instead i get this in it's place: Jb1_UP . Nothing seems to input properly and is causing me to have a headache now! This was all due to trying to get the analog sticks to work on the emulator originally and had read on another form to delete the setting in the registry on ePSXe. Also, DS3Tool is working fine; was able to try the same thing and adjust the controls on my Dolphin Emulator and no problems with that.

I've uninstalled both emulator and drivers and still keeps doing this on ePSXe. Anyone can give me a hand with this?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I honestly don't know whats going wrong, because Ive tried doing that as well, and it worked good for me. Have you tried switching to the dual analog controller, than configuring it?

HRJ86

That's just it, i have tried on all the other Game Pads on ePSXe and it doesn't allow me to do anything on my PS3 controller. It was working when i first got it up and running but since i deleted the setting from the reg, and reinstalled in i haven't had any luck.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think I know what you mean try this...

press a button on the controller, keep it down, press the selection on the emulator for that button, then without letting go of the controller button click of the assignment ( like on to another assignment ) and then it sticks.

If this does not help, then have you tested it from the control panned ?

Last edited:

HRJ86

Here's the thing i've noticed. If i try to change the button layout on the gamepad (with either PS3 controller, or keyboard) it automatically presets to J1b_UP no matter what. Now it seems to be letting me config the game pad on the emulator if i do as you wrote, and clicking the OK button then going back and doing it for another button.

HRJ86

UPDATE: Ok so i am now able to use the PS3 controller on the emulator now! It is fully working and just tested it on Chrono Chross. Not problems at all! However. . . .

Another problem that i have noticed is the right analog stick on the PS3 controller doesn't respond at all to any input i try to preset on the gamepad. Everything else works but just that for some reason.

HRJ86

If you are speaking about the Game Controls within Devices and Printers on Windows 7? If so, the functionally for the controller when i test it works properly for all buttons and analog sticks. As for a LED-green mode? When i start the emulator and press F5 to activate analog functionally it stays red but allows me to only use the left analog stick.

HRJ86

It is set on DualShock on the gamepad and no matter what i have to press F5 to function analog. Also, it still isn't letting me config the right analog stick so either somethings not allowing me to do so, or something is now screwed up!

HRJ86

Ok i think i have figured it out! The setting on DS3Tool were not set to Playstation 2' ( for PCSX2 with pressure sensitive). All buttons seem to work /w both analog sticks also. Kinda strange that i need to be on that setting to use everything but it works. I still have to hit F5 for analog use but at this point i really don't care.

HRJ86

Honestly it's alright. What matters is that it works now and i'm a happy camper, but i do thank you for helping me out on this in the best way possable :happy: