Emulators to run with HTPC (XBMC) - mappable exit button?

Eldorado

Here's my pitch..

Many people are moving towards HTPC's these days, and along with it nice front ends such as XBMC

Of course with this there is a want/expectation to have anything and everything that can run on your PC to be easily accessible via the front end, with nice graphic interface, scraping etc.

I've been using XBMC for awhile now and recently some new Add-On's are popping up allowing nice organization and display of all your ROM's, scraping various sites for game info and graphics, and of course being able to launch emulators with command line parms

All is fine and dandy here except for one small thing - but for me rather important - exiting the emulator once you are finished playing the game, allowing you to return back to the front end (XBMC) all with either a click on the controller or remote control

So far the only emu I know of that allows you to map a button to exit the emulator is ZSNES, are there others?

If not, maybe a plea to all emulator developers out there to include this one very small yet very useful option. No one wants to go reaching for a mouse or keyboard as it kills the whole purpose of what you are trying to accomplish - think of the XBOX emu ports that XPort did

What Mupen64plus has done makes things interesting, as it could be possible to write a GUI that runs as a XBMC add-on and could be the most 'integrated' emulator solution so far - still a dream though

Am I way off base here, or does this sound reasonable?

blotsome

The frontend GameEx has this feature built in, so if you open an emulator through the GameEx interface, using the game exit command (pressing specific buttons at once on your controller) will close the emulator, regardless which one it is. I have been unable to change what button sequence to use from the default, but I can confirm that the default works for me. I don't imagine GameEx is the only front end to have this, so I believe this feature is out there.

bush ze

El procedimiento descrito en el libro es el siguiente: 1. Elija una carpeta existente en el Explorador y crear un est?ndar de Windows Atajo a esa carpeta en tu ordenador. La forma m?s f?cil es arrastrar-soltar el icono de carpeta usando el bot?n derecho del rat?n y seleccione "Crear acceso directo (s) de Aqu?" en el men? que aparece. 2. A continuaci?n, hacer una nueva carpeta en su escritorio.