emulators for psp messing up

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
i have firmware 3.10 OE-A i had teh psp genisis emulator running fine i even put a few psx games on there but after i tryed to put the nintendo 64 emulator on my psp no emulators work they take forever to load and when they do the seconds i hit anything on my psp teh screen goes blank for acouple of minutes and comesback on but i cannot run any games like that if anyone could help i wouild be thankfull

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
IMO Daedalus PSP R12 by StrmnNrmn is the best N64 for the PSP. A hand full for games run at decent speeds, some with a sound but its best to disable sound to increase the framerate.

If games are take too long to load it is probably because you have them zipped. Try loading them uncompressed.

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
yea thats the one im using but after i put it on my psp all my emulators would load but they would take around 5 minutes to load and if i hit any button after it had loaded the screen woudl go blank for another 5 minutes ive tryed formating my memeroy stick and redownloading teh emulators but it still dosnt work and i really wanted to be able to play super smash bros on my psp:( hell atm i would even like to be able to play my sonic games again

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Have your tried putting them in different folders? Depend on your settings the emulators may only work if they are loaded from either PSP/GAME PSP/GAME150 or PSP/GAME310

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
i just tryed it then it gave me an error code for when it was in teh 310 folder and when i put it in the 150 folder it just did teh same blackscreen thing as it did befor

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I cant understand why it doesnt run. The only other options i can think of is download the emulator again. If that doesnt work boot up into the recovery menu. Power down the psp completely then turn it on with the R button held down. Then go to Configuration and make sure the GAME folder is set to 1.5 kernel and NOT 3.40 kernel.

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
when i did that i got to the recovery screen but when i hit anybutton teh screen went black again so im starting to think theres something wrong with my firmware like ive got a virus on my psp or something like that so mabey i should up date it to a newer version of the custom firmware

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Does it only go black when you try ti run homebrew? It might be that the backlight is dying. Try loading a UMD and see if it still goes black.

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
nope its not the backlight thats doing it i played burnout fine, im gonna play around with it some more tommow and see if i can fix it ill post again tommow if it worked or if it didnt

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Are you using the correct version of the emulator, as in are you trying to load the 1.00 version (One folder) or the 1.50 version (Two folders, EXAMPLE an EXAMPLE%)

Do you have any plugins enabled? Try disabling them. Also try other homebrew other than emulators to see if they work correctly.

Im convinced its just a setting thats has been incorrect set.

If all else fails you could always downgrade to 1.5 then reupgrade to 3.03OE again. But this maybe (But unlikely) risky. If your firmware is corrupt then the PSP could crash will updating to 1.5 resulting in a bricked PSP.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Could possibly have something to do with the flash? I think thats what its called

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
Are you using the correct version of the emulator, as in are you trying to load the 1.00 version (One folder) or the 1.50 version (Two folders, EXAMPLE an EXAMPLE%)

Do you have any plugins enabled? Try disabling them. Also try other homebrew other than emulators to see if they work correctly.

Im convinced its just a setting thats has been incorrect set.

If all else fails you could always downgrade to 1.5 then reupgrade to 3.03OE again. But this maybe (But unlikely) risky. If your firmware is corrupt then the PSP could crash will updating to 1.5 resulting in a bricked PSP.
i tryed both ways and neither of them worked i also tryed a homebrew app just to see if it was only the emulators that were stuffing up but it is every thing that is homebrew that is messing up and i dont wanna brick my psp i was scared enough when i did it the 1st time to get it from 3.50 to 1.50 bu if i want to run homebrew games there no choise is there?

gameO_Ofreak

the game freak
i think i may have figured out whats going on with my psp teh back light goes out but i can still go through the menus for emulators and recovery mode so im slowly downgrading my psp to 1.50 then back to what i was on when it stuffed up