Emulation problems: Nintendo DS emulator (desmume-0.9.4-win32) lags too much!

NorseChief

I managed to get a Nintendo Ds roms with the "desmume-0.9.4-win32" emulator and it appears to be the best one out there at the moment.

It runs like a dream most of the time.

The only problem I have with it is that it lags heavy every time it tries to change/load to a new page. I'm sure you know what I am talking about if you have used this specific emulator before.

For example, on the "Brain - train your brain in minutes a day.nds" rom, you load the rom and when you click on "quick play" it lags so badly when it loads the next page. When I click on "brain age check" again it lags and takes a while to move on to the next page.

When I check the "DesmuME 0.9.4 dev + x86 OUTPUT" screen of the emulator when it starts to lag I get the message, "Changing master brightness outside of vblank". This message is repeated like 15 times in the time that it is lagging.

Do you guys perhaps know how I could play this rom on this emulator without this lag in these instances?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Different emulators have different issues and DS is still not properly emulated. No$GBA is still probably the most complete, so I would try using that.