dvd probs

seether9111

ummmm i forget
lets just say i distribute a few dvd movies at work.90% of my clientel are very pleased and report no problems.but i have a very few people that say "the movie freezes and then jumps ahead a few seconds before resuming playback"so i check these movies on my 360 and they play 100% perfectly!
so i have a few questions

1.is it possible the discs contain errors, and only my 360 is playing them fine?
2.are there any programs that would allow me to check playability of a disc?
3.many people report problems when attempting to play them on a ps2.are there known issues with the ps2 playing dvd's?
4.burn fast or very slow, which is better and why?

i burn everything region-free @ 8x

btw, just got new burner, external HP dvd1040 w/lightscribe.

thanks for any help people!:)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Though none of my business - assuming your not doing anything illegal and posting it... It may be their end, as some DVD players are quite "sensitive" then others, as they may "skip" nor "freeze" randomly - I know, as I have one. ;)

1 - If the disc had errors, it would probably appear on both your 360 and their end.

2 - Not sure, but not really necessary as long as it plays back fine on a regular player.

3 - Not sure - therefore I'm a Nintendo type...

4 - Well, the faster the burn, it may "require" them to use a player at that speed or higher, so might "pause" and "skip" on of a lower player.

Hope this helps ya. ;)

Last edited:

Zach

Sometimes, some players can be junk in that way.. It could be that the disc does have flaws and the 360 and other players also handle it better also..

So it really could be any of those.. The best thing to try is to just burn your stuff as slow as possible to have them test another disc

seether9111

ummmm i forget
figured out today that my master copy of movie is actually screwed.i burned @ 16 x on that one.

gonna slow down my burns:dry:
thanks for the input