Computer Problem: Dolphin: Gamecube lagg issues.

Hayabusa

Hi there, I was wondering what the issue is with running the legend of zelda: wind waker on dolphin gamecube emulator.
This is the first game I'm trying out on dolphin and I'm having lagg issues.

Ram: 4gb

GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 2gb

CPU: A4-3300 2.5ghz dual core overclocked to 2.8ghz.

I am concerned that my operating system may be the issue because I've seen gameplay on youtube playing gamecube games smoothly on laptops and computers with not that great cpus and gpus.
I've tried a few different configurations that I've found on youtube but it hasn't fixed my lagg issues, maybe I just need that right configuration?

Well any ways, I'm not sure if it's just me or something else.

I'm using dolphin 3.6-367

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hey lets see if I can get you running better here. First 3.6 is not out yet so I think you mean 3.5. As far as dolphin goes the later the version the more bloated it is. So if you are running an old chip you really should not run a later dolphin. At max, never run the revisions like you are. So go back and download 3.5 stable ( its a little ways down on the download page ).

Window 8 I "here" will work but I dont have win8 and I'm not sure if it causes any issue. Your set up is ok for wind waker so lagg issues must be a setting or a bottle neck. First off make sure dual core is checked, make sure EFB Copies is set to Texture, and use the HLE sound engine not LLE.

Lets start there.

Hayabusa

Hey lets see if I can get you running better here. First 3.6 is not out yet so I think you mean 3.5. As far as dolphin goes the later the version the more bloated it is. So if you are running an old chip you really should not run a later dolphin. At max, never run the revisions like you are. So go back and download 3.5 stable ( its a little ways down on the download page ).

Window 8 I "here" will work but I dont have win8 and I'm not sure if it causes any issue. Your set up is ok for wind waker so lagg issues must be a setting or a bottle neck. First off make sure dual core is checked, make sure EFB Copies is set to Texture, and use the HLE sound engine not LLE.

Lets start there.
Thank you so much, it is running a lot better now!

GRANZON

Hi there, I was wondering what the issue is with running the legend of zelda: wind waker on dolphin gamecube emulator.
This is the first game I'm trying out on dolphin and I'm having lagg issues.

Ram: 4gb

GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 2gb

CPU: A4-3300 2.5ghz dual core overclocked to 2.8ghz.

I am concerned that my operating system may be the issue because I've seen gameplay on youtube playing gamecube games smoothly on laptops and computers with not that great cpus and gpus.
I've tried a few different configurations that I've found on youtube but it hasn't fixed my lagg issues, maybe I just need that right configuration?

Well any ways, I'm not sure if it's just me or something else.

I'm using dolphin 3.6-367

I got the Dolphin 4.0 on Windows 8-x64 and it works perfectly (game-dependent of course.)