Emulator Problem: Dolphin GameCube Emulator fails to install/start up?

candycane FLAWS

i installed Dolphin64 3404 for Windows a few minutes ago. There was no problem saving the file, nor extracting it with WinRar. After extracation, this is what I got:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Kuumi-kun/ex1.jpg

i then went on to extract the 'dolphin64bit.7z file within, and ended up with:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Kuumi-kun/ex2.jpg

afterward, i went back to the original folder and double-clicked the 7z file. this ran through the command prompt in about a second. i then went back to the second folder and double-clicked on the dolphin application in an attempt to bring the program up. however i received the following error message:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Kuumi-kun/x3.jpg
and the same when i attempt to run the DSPtool application.

on that note, if anyone known what i can do about this:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Kuumi-kun/ddd.jpg
i would much appreciate the help. : ]
( so you know, for this one, i downloaded a Twilight Princess torrent and am attempting to figure out how to combine it and make it run like it should. i have looked at the guide provided by The Purple Cube, but only served to confuse myself.

looking at the error message i receive, should i instead try the 32 bit instead of the 64?
i run on a Dell Latitude D610 with Windows XP Professional. i'm not sure about my laptop's stats, however.

Last edited:

yocho182

Hello one question for you.You windows is 64-bits if not download the 32-bits in official web page of DOLPHIN EMULATOR.Your game send me where you download that game for me look(send me one private mensage for the game)..

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
He is asking if you downloaded the 64 bit version. And if you meant to , if not try the 32 bit version. You need to use the 32 bit for windows vist/xp 32 bit. If you need to find out I think under myComputer->properties it will tell you what OS you have installed.

the second thing he is asking is if you would PM him where you found that game. Its not with in the rules to post the link here, so he wants it in PM.

candycane FLAWS

oh! haha,
thanks for that. i didn't want to sound rude about it,
but i read it three times and it just didn't make sense in my head. : ]
yeah, i went and installed the 34 bit but it comes up with this when i try to play it:
"can't create openGL render. you might be missing some required openGL extensions, check the logs for more info."

"the instruction at 'ox7c9113co' referenced memory at '0x6e49206f'. the memory could not be 'written'. click on OK to terminate the program."

and then shuts it down.

and yes, i meant to download the 64, because i read somewhere that you needed to. however, i checked the properties and it doesn't say. . .

yocho182

I'm sorry for my Bad English.But install the last DirectX and last MS Visual C++ runtime 2008 SP1 (if you use 32-bits cath him / if you use 64-bits cath him)

candycane FLAWS

no, it's fine! : ]
i'm sorry if i seemed rude by commenting,
i didn't meant to. ^^;

alright, i'll try that. i checked, and i have the 2005 edition of MS visual, so an upgrade would probably help. but what would directx do?

candycane FLAWS

okay, i switched to Dolphin SVN R 1546 and it's working with the new stuff. However, it's running very slowly and the images are messing up. ( if you've ever played an N64 game and you zoom in enough, how things dissapear, it's doing that. )

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
alright, i'll try that. i checked, and i have the 2005 edition of MS visual, so an upgrade would probably help.
- So you are compiling it ?

but what would directx do?
You dont need VS to run a application, on ly to build it and then run it. You dont need to get the source for Dolphin you know, right? Just get the latest build. You need DX for it to work. make sure you have DX 9 installed not 10. If you have Vista you can still safely download 9. Dolphin needs it. You would then want to try directX instead of openGL.

Last edited: