Emulator Problem: Does anyone play "Blaster Master" on nes emulator?

sharkteeth

This is my favorite NES games and holds so many memories, I even own the cartridge but my NES is long dead so i got the ROM. Unfortunately game runs very slugish at certain times, especially on the first level where you get these flying enemies, it starts stuttering, is it because of some problem in the rom i got or emulator? i tried many emulators but all seems same, i tried FCEUX, NESTER, some of the emulators it is worse while others are slightly better nevertheless problem is still there. How do i get rid of this problem? Because i love to play this classic in it's full glory again, any tips? thanks a million friends.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
yes I love BM, never had this problem though? It must be something with the system. Dont think it will help much but what are your specs.

sharkteeth

yes I love BM, never had this problem though? It must be something with the system. Dont think it will help much but what are your specs.

I tried it with several emulators on two seperate systems, one is older, other one is newer, but both on windows XP, could it be a problem with windows XP?.

SYSTEM #1
Core2Duo
2GB DDR2
INTEL GRAPHICS

SYSTEM #2
INTEL P4 1.7GHZ
768MB DDR 1
ASUS + INTEL MOBO CHIPSET

Both of them had the same problem, let me know the system you are using and the emulator so i can try it out in my systems.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
You should have no trouble with any NES Rom with that setup maybe you are running to many programs at one time.

Do you have this trouble with any other emulator?

sharkteeth

Funny part is, when i am running emulator on fps mode, fps counter does not go down, Pretty strange ay? only it slows down. I have slow down problems on running stuff like EARTH WORM JIM 2 on SNES emulators on PIV 1.7GHZ system, but that's minor compared to this, and of course those problems clearly show that it is a drop in framerate. :( , I can't believe it, my old AMD 1.7GHZ ATHLON XP ran all my snes games on 512MB memory, with onboard vga, perfectly fine and smooth.