disc writing

dude10

ok this is a simple and n00by yes/no question...i have some homebrew PSX games in .exe format. If i could use magicISO or something to write the files to blank discs, would the discs work in my PS2? (it's backwards compatible with psx games right?) Or would the system whine that it's not an official PSX/PS2 game? i think it'd be pretty cool to play homebrew on the actual console :)

i own zero psx games because i had an n64 back then so i am a huge n00b to sony. i had a ps2 for about 6 months now and i have only a few games for it

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
i think you still need to make these files on a bootable iso(the disk would contain files such as 'system' and ntsc109' (or something like that), so it would work for your psx, well if console is modded tho

dude10

if console is modded...so ur saying i need a modchip. yeah right, i'm not gonna even try installing a modchip. I'd probably just end up ruining the console's innards, lol :D

hagbard

dude10 said:
ok this is a simple and n00by yes/no question...i have some homebrew PSX games in .exe format. If i could use magicISO or something to write the files to blank discs, would the discs work in my PS2? (it's backwards compatible with psx games right?) Or would the system whine that it's not an official PSX/PS2 game? i think it'd be pretty cool to play homebrew on the actual console :)

I'd recommend to build your PSX CDs with PSX CD-Gen, it's free software, then generate a CUE-BIN (you might test it before burning on PSX emulators just by the case).