Desyncing in P64

Dalif

Hey fellas.

First off, thanks for setting up a great page and forum. Always nice to have people around with the same interest in those fun old games :)

Anyway, my problem is, that when playing games in multiplayer with Project 64, desyncing happens fairly frequently. You are sitting there playing a game of Mario Kart with your friend on LAN, and all of a sudden, he claims he's won, when on your screen he's just driving into a wall :)

I've set up a LAN server, with no WAN access, to which we connect. 0ms ping, no problems at all.. And we still desync. We are both using Project 64 K for netplay. We've tried syncronizing our clients completely, with plugins, settings etc... still happens. Happens with Mario Kart and Mario Party so far.

Any reason this happens ? And is there a fix ? Or is it just biting the bullet ?

Thanks in advance.

Dalif

hagbard

Dalif said:
Hey fellas.

First off, thanks for setting up a great page and forum. Always nice to have people around with the same interest in those fun old games :)

Anyway, my problem is, that when playing games in multiplayer with Project 64, desyncing happens fairly frequently. You are sitting there playing a game of Mario Kart with your friend on LAN, and all of a sudden, he claims he's won, when on your screen he's just driving into a wall :)

I've set up a LAN server, with no WAN access, to which we connect. 0ms ping, no problems at all.. And we still desync. We are both using Project 64 K for netplay. We've tried syncronizing our clients completely, with plugins, settings etc... still happens. Happens with Mario Kart and Mario Party so far.

Any reason this happens ? And is there a fix ? Or is it just biting the bullet ?

Thanks in advance.

Dalif
Perhaps, but please note that both PC hardware specifications also matter.

Dalif

The PCs are the ones we use at work, and are, as far as hardware and OS installed goes, identical to the last megabyte of RAM. We've tried connecting to a kalliera server that's run on our local server, or one run on my machine. Sometimes we get fairly far, sometimes we don't get that far at all before it desyncs.

I've installed and tried 1964, and we actually managed to complete a full game of Mario Party 2 yesterday. However, graphics in 1964 are a little harder to adapt to. A game like Mario Party 1 is impossible to run on 1964 without graphics being totally messed up. We've tried messing around with settings and installing lord knows how many plugins. No change. However, Mario Party 2 worked well.

I guess it's just tough bananas. Just wanted to know if this was a known problem and if there was a fix.

Thanks