Computer making Beeping noise

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Ah Zach, don't feel so bad, I'm known to literally "hack" and destroy PCs, so had enough PC guts on my hands instead of noisy jets. :p

Oh yeah, Josh - another thing helps is to open that PC of yours and take a blow-vac to blow some of the dust out of the fans, vents, power-supply, and etc. which "dust" itself is known to clog up inside and actually slow down performance of the running PC by generating more heat, hence pretty much coating the PC hardware with thick blankets of film... ;)

JoshM22

Like Zach mentioned - shouldn't be any noise problem with newer hard-disks, though older machines are known to be quite "noise-makers", but if your running PJ64, then you should have a PIII or higher, so shouldn't be a problem as it should run a lot quieter. If there's that much noise coming from your PC, the only thing I can think of is that your CPU is running a quite bit hard, maybe "lessing" up some "un-needed" applications might help as they run that power-supply's fan of yours harder to keep up with the speed and temperature...

About the beeping... could be anything. A BIOs reading error, over-heating, or maybe a loose plug in the back of your PC... ;) As for hard-drive failure... they never let you know when they just "had it" as they just don't start-up the next boot. Internal hard-drives are probably best, but if your using it just for storage, try getting a thumb-drive or flash drive to horde those files of yours - hence being much cheaper and reliable... ;)

I think the noise is a combo of the one of my fans don't know which yet and the hard drive. All of the sudden the hard drive started making the "Jet liner" like noise. It's not all that bothersome since i have loud stereo speakers. I will just backup all my data and simply wait for it to croak. I used CC cleaner to disable some uneeded programs that come on at start up. Yes i plan on getting a 160 gig USB portable drive to backup some stuff and ease up some space on my hard drive. I think that one is ony 60-90 bucks at Wal-Mart. Thanks for all the advice.