Chrono Cross ePSXe: Running too slow? Please help

carr_mig

Hi,

After googling and googling for hours and days, I finally managed to figure out how to run ePSXe and run games on it, as well as configure the plugins appropriately. Many of the games I've tried work great now, which have been quite fun :D

Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with Chrono Cross now. First, I tried running on Pete's DX6 D3D drive, but I got black screen freezes and stuff. Then, I tried running it on Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76. It worked great- at first. The menus worked right, the graphics were pretty awesome, etc.

HTML:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: Intel
GFX card: Intel 945GM

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
 [32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on 
- Frame skipping: on 
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on 
- Mask bit: on 
- Advanced blending: on 

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on  [00001000]

^That's what I used with the OpenGL.

But then I got major speed problems. I limited it to 60 FPS (as shown above) but when I entered a doorway, the sound would loop for about 30 seconds in a black screen, and then the next area would FINALLY load. And when entering battle, it was excruciatingly slow X_X

So I switched to P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.17. It works perfect. The video is fast and smooth, and there's no problem with the game itself. But the graphics- gaaaad, they're terrible. The backgrounds/text are superb, actually, but the moving sprites- the characters, NPCs, and enemies all looked extremely pixelated and terrible.

Luckily, I don't care about graphics TOO much, and worse comes to worse, I'll accept the bad graphics and play through the games. But if there is a solution, I'd be really happy to hear it- is there some way to configure P.E.Op.S so I get good graphics? Or some way to configure OpenGL so it doesn't slow down/mess up? Or a whole new plugin I should get? O.O

Sorry if this seemed a bit long of a post- I tend to ramble >.> Anyways, thanks very much in advance! :]

(By the way, I don't know how to get my PC specs if that would help- could someone please explain how to check that? ^.^)

savior

I had the same problem as he did.

The problem is that its running really slow, like in slow motion. I just started the game, the intro stuff all ran fine, but once in-game started up its really slow. I've messed around with the GPU settings like crazy and nothing seems to help the cause.

any idea how to fix it?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
In both cases you need to post your system specs and operating system, what plug-ins your using, with what settings and what version of the emulator.