Bonjour

foster

Hi guys, I'm new to the world of emulating games and I'm also another noob in zipping and unzipping files across web. I only found this site by stumbling onto it by searching guides for installing emulators. I'm kind of a slow learner when it comes to teaching myself new computer skills, but I'm sure with you guys helping me out I'll find all the information I need to be at least competant at using emulators :happy:.

I have a whole bunch of PS1 games which I just felt like dusting off and playing again, so I downloaded my first emulator using the Sticky guide: General ePSXe Setup and Configuration by Guitar Gamer. It has been a very usefull guide so I thank Guiter Gamer, haven't had time to read through the other posts on that topic but hope to finish soon.

I didn't have problems with finding Bios settings or zlib1.dll download so I do have the emulator working, but I am having some issues when playing FF7. The game lags a lot and it takes 5 minutes for each battle scene to start, I've tried tweaking the Graphics Configs with not much success. Could be an easy fix by finding the right patch or even downloading the right plug-in, but I can't be sure so I'll be making a topic about it soon to get some answers.

Anyway thank you moderators for manually opening my account, not many forums do that you know. I just hope not to be too much of a burden.

Now that my nose is all browned up I must go and wash.

BTW I filled out my computer hardware on my profile but I'm not sure if that's enough information.

Cya shortly

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Welcome to the forums, if you use either one of the Pete's D3D plugins or the Peops one, there is a section at the bottom of the grpahics config screens with specific fixes for FF7.

Have to say though, looking at your Spec, your PC is really under specced for running Vista (ideally you want 2Ghz+ CPU and 2Gb+ Ram just to run the OS properly). Could be that Vista is eating all the system resources leaving nothing to run anything else.

If you're going to use it for emulation I would really recommend sticking a copy of XP on there.

foster

Ty for getting back to me so promptly.

The Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU didn't work for me since my Graphics couldn't handle it, so I downloaded the P.E.Op.S./Pete's OpenGL Windows PSX GPU version 1.78 instead. I originally had the 1.77 version which even had those specific fixes for ff7.

The game is now working again but still having the same issues as before, laggy gameplay and battles taking too long to start.

You could be right about Vista taking too much system resources, but I would like to hear more on what can be done for Vista users before I go off to install an XP operating system. I know I can get XP for free but I don't fancy re-installing all my systems, it would take hours.

BTW I'm not sure what setting I should have my main video configured at since my system is so crappy, so any links or pics would help me a lot.

Maybe I should post this elsewhere other then the introductions. Should I post these questions as a new topic on Sony Emulation & Games or post these problems in General ePSXe Setup and Configuration topic?
thanks for reading

Last edited: