BIG problem with Ps1 emulator.

notanemuexpert

Seriously, I thought I could do it, but I obviously can't.

Every time I go to a site and download a rom for my ePSXe emulator it never seems to work.

I just downloaded a massive 622 mb file and extracted it. Inside that was two files, one is .bin.ecm file and the other is a .cue file.

I try to load either one and it doesn't work. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Mystic

Banned
1. 622 mb is far from "massive"
2. Downloading roms is illegal. Rip your own ISOs from your own discs.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I just downloaded a massive 622 mb file and extracted it. Inside that was two files, one is .bin.ecm file and the other is a .cue file.

I try to load either one and it doesn't work. What the hell am I doing wrong?

The bin file has been through an ECM program so that it will be more compressed when Rared. Before you can use it you need to un-ecm it. You'll probably find what you need here --> http://www.neillcorlett.com/ecm/

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
2. It's not illegal if you own the disc, I don't know how to rip ISO's.

Yes it is. Unless you've got a licence from the author giving you explicit permission to run the game as an ISO rather than from the original disk. Doesn't matter whether you own the original or not.

Its a fairly moot point as we all do what we do, but lets not try to muddy the waters with misinformation. Downloading ISO's of commercial properties without permission from the copyright owner is illegal regardless of how many copies someone owns or how many games they've bought over the years etc, etc and soforth. Using software in any form other than the the form it is licenced to be used in also breaches copyright.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Yes it is. Unless you've got a licence from the author giving you explicit permission to run the game as an ISO rather than from the original disk. Doesn't matter whether you own the original or not.

Its a fairly moot point as we all do what we do, but lets not try to muddy the waters with misinformation.

Yes, let's not. So let me correct some of your info: It all depends on the laws in the country or region where you live!

iamoneverce

hey guys..i am trying to run the epsxe emulator version 1.7.0..the only issue i am having is the bios file scph1001...is either in an unknown format or damaged...so when i copy and paste all the files as need be and try to run a playstation CD from my desktop it gives me a message error for wnasp, or something, can someone please contact me and tell me how to fix, or if this is enuff information for you to diagnose my issue..thank you