Best ps1/2 to usb adapter

flyinonice4

I have searched through the forums and have decided to go out and buy a ps1/2 to usb adapter to use with my emulators. However, no one really specifies which adapter is best. Instead, they suggest to buy one. Well, I would like to buy one, but want to know which one you all reccomend. The ones I am looking at so far are the Dilong pu203 and the Super Box Pro. I'm sure there are others, but I really have no idea how compatible they are and how long they last. Im just looking for one that will be compatible with znes, nestopia, and epsxe. For n64 I plan on using the adaptoid.
I know questions about pc controllers have been asked before, but I feel that mine is a little more specific and and is different than others.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well first off most if not all adapters out there for psx are based off of Simon Nield original design. For the most part they are all the same. Your basic usb psx adapter for 10 bucks on ebay is all you will ever need. Some of the other boxes support rumble so if you need that you will need drivers. To me drivers = trouble. I always suggest the non driver boxes (HID). So the short answer is, any box will do. I here wall mart even has one.

flyinonice4

OK sounds good. I just dont want to get one where I cant remap the buttons. I searched through the internet and people are complaining about it and I just dont want to have to go through that hassle.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
I have searched through the forums and have decided to go out and buy a ps1/2 to usb adapter to use with my emulators. However, no one really specifies which adapter is best. Instead, they suggest to buy one. Well, I would like to buy one, but want to know which one you all reccomend. The ones I am looking at so far are the Dilong pu203 and the Super Box Pro. I'm sure there are others, but I really have no idea how compatible they are and how long they last. Im just looking for one that will be compatible with znes, nestopia, and epsxe. For n64 I plan on using the adaptoid.
I know questions about pc controllers have been asked before, but I feel that mine is a little more specific and and is different than others.

Rockman Forte told me about a "GameMon Universal USB Adapter" - supposedly sold at Walmart - that coverts your Gamecube, Playstation, and Xbox controllers for use on the PC. Finally have one, but only supports one of each controller, though with two extra USB ports on it, for connecting two other ones, though mine is filled with a printer and thumbdrive... Usually comes in white, basically a small box with open ports. Also comes with drivers - if needed that is... Hope this help ya. ;)

Last edited: