batch files

Genome

north west south west
anyone know a good site for batch files that will delete roms.

i need to sort my games for every system

i just want to keep usa, european, and japanese games.

no hacks.

thanks in advance.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
well the simple way is to use microsofts search tool. Find file and search for *(U) *.zip or something like so... Move them in to a safe dir and delete the rest. But the best way is use a good tool renamer. From what I rememebr it has the option so discard all but usa. http://www.allgoodthings.us/mambo/. Lots of other tools out there but its best to use a rom renamer like good tools

Last edited:

Ryanfaescotland

As far as I remember batch files are pretty easy to create if you wanted to write your own one. There is a lot of guides kicking about the net I'm sure.

Zach

When I decided to keep as "clean" a collection as possible, I just edited the GoodTools config file for the set I was working with.

You can set it to delete anything you don't want to keep, and to properly sort everything else.
Here is my GoodNES 2.01 CFG. Notice the word TRASH, everything I didn't want to keep goes to that directory, then I just delete the directory.

The ones I want to keep are blocked seperately at the bottom. The format can be hard to understand at first, I actually kind of forgot how to exactly read it myself, but I'm pretty sure I learned from a help file or something somewhere

Spoiler »

#change to OldFormat=y for GoodWindows compatibility
OldFormat=n
#change to UseSHA=n for old CRC32 (faster, misses some bad zips and hacked roms)
UseSHA=y

[NES]
[a:Trash;;n
[b:Trash;;n
[o:Trash;;n
[h:Trash;;n
[t:Trash;;n
[T:Trash;;n
[p:Trash;;n
[f:Trash;;n
[x:Trash;;n
Hack):Trash;;n
(Hack:Trash;;n
(Hacker):Trash;;n
(Chinese):Trash;;n
(Joy Van):Trash;;n
(HES):Trash;;n
Sachen:Trash;;n
(Russian):Trash;;n
Prototype:Trash;;n
(Beta):Trash;;n
(Font Hack:Trash;;n
(Graphics Hack:Trash;;n
(Grafica Hack:trash;;n
(GC):Trash;;n
(Unl):Trash;;n
(As):Trash;;n
(F):Trash;;n
(G):Trash;;n
(FC):Trash;;n
(CF):Trash;;n
(SW):Trash;;n
(I):Trash;;n
(A):Trash;;n

:UNIF Format;unf
(PD):pD;nes
(J):Japan;nes
(E):Europe;nes
(PC10):pC10;nes
(VS):VS;nes
(U):USA;nes
(JUE):World;nes
(JU):Japan - USA;nes
(UE):USA - Europe;nes
(JE):Japan - Europe;nes
(KC):Konami Classic Special Versions;nes

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
hey zach thanks a ton for that script.

it has really helped. i have been using a revised version to clean my collections up.
funny i can read the stuff like a second language but starting from scratch is impossible for me.

i think the only thing you forgot to trash was chinese. i added it in my version.

thanks again.

Zach

No I had tags for chinese in there, but sometimes you have to add redundant filters because of the way some files are tagged