Badcrcs and roms needing redumps

Llavud

Ok sometimes I get a message saying that the file is the incorrect length
or incorrect CRC
Or rom needs redump...

Are there way to combat this or do I just need to wiat till there are updated roms???

I also found that some roms are missing files that can be pulled from other roms that are on the same driver very few but its has worked a few times. (my tekken roms for instance)

Any feedback or tips on this.

I have read about clrmamepro and got the newest version but I dont know how to use it and i dont want to mess up my whole set up by dong it wrong if that is even the right thing to use.

Also some games i know need chds.....what are they what are their sizes and is there a site with lists of the names contents and sizes of these files?? even if you cant download them it would be nice to know what i am looking for. Any help would be appreciated either pm me or hit my yahoo messenger im most likely on there :) thanks ahead of tie hopefully there is someone here that is as enthusiastic about games as I and will help.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
CLRMamepro is a very good tool.It makes a backup of your roms anyway,but to make sure just do it yourself.
About the .chd's these files you must find yourself through Google.They are bigger than roms,Killer Instinct.chd is over 100MB,the game cannot be played without it.I think is called kinst.chd,Google search or use some sharing program.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Look for a tutorial on ClrMame here. If you use 'split' sets for MAME, you won't have the problem that you need the same ROMs for different sets. The CHDs are really large, my CHD collection is about 31GB, just for MAME and I need two more (which are not released yet).

Llavud

what does clrmame pro actually do??? i havnet really heard of its actual function just everyone refers to it. and whats the plit thin you are talking abut? i havent heard of that either im semi new to this and wlel honestly i wish i knew a FREINDLY person that was very good with mame so i could talk to them frequently and make sure i am getting things the most effective way they can be. I have assembeled a awesome set up but alas some of my favorite games are quite lacking in control configuration which i have far from mastered. are any of you specialy skiled in setting up effective and playable configs for some of the more contrary games?? a pm and some oneon one non forum speak on topics suh as this would be appreiated as i eed major couciling for lack of a better word. The specs for my mach up machine are complete but i havent started the build process till i have coorect config on controls as to not make soem GAWD awful mess as i have seen on some we pages. I mean a control panel the size of the machine isnt very effective my arms arent 4 feet long and im sure noon elses are either :p soany help woyul dbe all peaches so help freindly mame people please help!!!!

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
what does clrmame pro actually do???
It helps your roms to be up-to-date with the latest versions of emulators.
One rom might not work on a newer mame,and CLRMamepro will fix that.

Llavud

thanks for the advice and i will check that out before i post again :) oh and by the way great picks for avatars ... cant go wrong with god father and felicia is a hottie....even for pixels.. well then agian so are most cat women lol

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Sorry for the harsh answer at first, but it is just that first I never used a Rommanager such as ClrMame, but after a long night (and lots of coffee and sigs) I found out how it worked. Since then, I couldn't live (read: collect) without it!
Please take your time to get used to it. If you have problems, just post here :)

BTW, thanks for the compliment! And where is your avatar from? Nice!

Llavud

my avatar is a rip from golgo 13 namco arcade game sincei have mad skills with paint shop pro and such proggies i can do about anything. So I picke dmy fav alter ego golgo 13 hes such a pimp if youve ever seen an anme with him in it youl know if not i HIGHLY reomed you do. I could luse some serious help with clrmamepro so a pm with a way to make quicker contact with someone would be appreciated since im a semi noob. I know you all are relutant to speak out of forums although i cant see why we are all in it for the love of games but oh wel maybe ill getlucky and someone wil hit me up thanks for the compliment GODFATHER RULES and felicia well shes just sexy!!!!!!!

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
felicia well shes just sexy!!!!!!!
Thanks Llavud,indeed she is. :D
Did you use that tutorial in the link,it helped me...but I am not an expert in clrmamepro,I got it working though.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Llavud said:
I know you all are relutant to speak out of forums

That's not it, but the point of a forum is to discuss these kinds of things. I don't see the need for PMing when you can just answer here ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
alcoatjez said:
That's not it, but the point of a forum is to discuss these kinds of things. I don't see the need for PMing when you can just answer here ;)
I second that...when you get stuck,ask here.I don't think anyone would mind,glad to help.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
@Romshare, where I'm mod, some people also post their email to reply. I always warn them for spam and the such and also that it's a forum, so no need for mails!

Llavud

yeah i just relized the danger in posting an email addy in a forum i got hit with a mojrly #$$%^#5 up virus infection took all week to get rid of it and ACK I actually had to call microsoft for help...mgot it all lined out now though lol.