audio and video pausing

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
im using project64 1.6 and when im playing a rom the video and audio keep on taking small short pauses (not at the same time). anybody have any sugesstions on how to fix this.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
thanks for the help but that did not fix it. but im not sure cuz my speakers have been doing that with almost everything lately so im go to see if i could go get new speakers. but do you or anybody have any sugestions on how to fix the video problem.

hagbard

Please tell us about your PC specs and the plugins are you using

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
hmm weird

last night i turned off the computer and i got on it just now and i started the emulator the roms were playing perfectly. im guessing the computer just needed a rest or somthing cuz yesterday i was in all day playing games on the computer. whatever but still i thank you guys for the help.

hagbard

Yes, it might be because of too much heating, at high temp the CPU becames working choppy. I'd take a look at that just by the case ;)

montpics

It's pretty unwise to used your PC for the whole day unless you have a fan/cooler that will cooling you CPU temperature. But no recommended though. :cool:

Genome

north west south west
you can always buy a fan ($5!?) assuming your case doesnt have one. a casefan will reduce your extra heat in the case by a great amount. (i used to be uber into pc modding :p )

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
i have a fan is just that that day not only was i using it but a couple of my freinds came over and they started to use it (which was mabye one of the worst dicesions ive made) while i was outside with my family eating and my first post i didnt mean I was on the computer all day but my pc was being used all day.

montpics

No matter who will use the PC in a day, you probably need to buy cooling fans if certains moment like that one you mentioned earlier. :cool:

Genome

north west south west
as long as you sync audio to game, have a decent processer (i have a 2.1 ghz), a decent graphics card (mines a Radeon 9600Xt), and keep it cool it will run just like a real n64.