Anyone know the best emulator For Robocop Arcade?

Venomous75

Im using retro arch and the name cores are not able b to run the game. While it's possible that the Roma are no good, I am downloading from reasonably reliable places where I have gotten good Roms

Im also Having trouble with getting Trog and Legend of Kage to work.

Last edited:

pix07

@Venomous75 Did you try one of mame cores ?

For arcade roms.

Because every romset is for one of mame versions.

Venomous75

@pix07

Yes I did. Think retro arch currently has...14 versions of male but one of them are able to get these particular games to work. I can't seem to download any other mame cores.

Venomous75

Thanks again. I do have that one included on Retroarch. Could be I'm not finding a good ROM for these games. I had Mr. Do and Robocop a few years ago on Android and they worked fine, but I don't remember where I found them

Venomous75

Not sure why, but Spider-Man started to work. I'm experimenting with the other cores, but the other games won't go...yet. It's wierd, Robocop 2 works, but not the original game.

Venomous75

@pix07

All the arcade cores that came with Retro. I also tried it on Mame, to no avail. You might be right about the file. Unfortunately, I must be downloading the same one from different sites.

I guess I'll keep searching!

Venomous75

Got it to work with MAME 2003+ which I already tried, so I downloaded a file from another site and got it to work! Thanks for your help!

Venomous75

Hey, again! I figured I'd use this tHis topic since it involves one of the games I mentioned before.

I just bought a Galaxy a7 lite. Works great with most games. It handles Dreamcast, PlayStation, and a lot of arcade roms, but I'm finding that two that I really wanted to work, Spiderman arcade and Michael Jackson Moonwalker run very slow on retroarch FinalBurn. They also run slow on one of the mame cores, which is perplexing because both Roms run very well on my desktop.

Do I need to free up ram? The cores are up to date, and as I'd said, these games ran on my pc. I have many other arcade Rome that run very well on the tablet. Not sure what to do or if anything can be done.

pix07

@Venomous75 Sorry for late reply but retroarch depends more on cpu and gpu than ram for that program more than 512mb of ram should be enough.

So if you have enough ram problem is with those other cores other should be more optimized thats why they run fast.

For example on my old notebook with I3 and HD 5050 1GB emulation of other than 2d is very slow.

That laptop is called Asus K72JR but on my Sony Vaio SVE15 with i5 and HD 7000 runs very fast.

Both of them have 4GB of ram so just as you see better cpu and gpu can do miracles.

Venomous75

@pix07 Thank you for your response. I guess maybe my tablet can't handle these two games then. It can handle the marvel vs Capcoms games well though.

Can you optimize the cores? Is there a way to install an older version like finalburn 2012?

Again, I really appreciate your response.

Oh! Maybe you can help me with this also: I have my XBOX controller synced to RA and it shows in the port 1 settings, but I can't get the bumpers or triggers to work. Like for Street fighter, left bumper is supposed not be hard punch, but it does absolutely nothing.

pix07

@Venomous75 Although i learning programming as hobby im not good in such things.

For example on gcc which can compile program there is directive O3 and O2 which make code smaller and faster.

Optimization level 3 and 2.

Some cores should use JIT i think and from wikipedia:

In computing, just-in-time (JIT) compilation (also dynamic translation or run-time compilations) is a way of executing computer code that involves compilation during execution of a program (at run time) rather than before execution.

GCC and other compiler called Clang do this before running program.

In retroarch as you know there is option load core you nawigate to path for core then load it.

But it seems that android version from retroarch download cores from their servers:

Usually new versions fix bugs but just like my os use more computing power.

I can compile retroarch on my linux and do porting but with every core it will take some time.

One more thing try other input driver for my gamepad in sdl driver its detects buttons automatically.

It involves update controller profile and adjust then save.

Thats all for now.

Venomous75

@Venomous75 Although i learning programming as hobby im not good in such things.

For example on gcc which can compile program there is directive O3 and O2 which make code smaller and faster.

Optimization level 3 and 2.

Some cores should use JIT i think and from wikipedia:

GCC and other compiler called Clang do this before running program.

In retroarch as you know there is option load core you nawigate to path for core then load it.

But it seems that android version from retroarch download cores from their servers:

Usually new versions fix bugs but just like my os use more computing power.

I can compile retroarch on my linux and do porting but with every core it will take some time.

One more thing try other input driver for my gamepad in sdl driver its detects buttons automatically.

It involves update controller profile and adjust then save.

Thats all for now.
Thanks so much, friend!