a couple of questions

Genome

north west south west
i have a couple of questions, hope someone can help me:)

1. what is the file extension for neo geo games (not neo geo cd)
2. does anyone know any websites that have tons of carts images? (pictures not pirated software!!!)
3.does anyone know the files extension for sega sg-1000 games?
4. what is the file extension for sega saturn games?

thanx in advance!!!

Genome

north west south west
thanx a ton guys. mine are in rom format too, but are they supposed to be divided into several diffrent parts. my fatalfury1 is in 10 parts. does this mean its for mame?

beautiful on the carts fat trucker. this really helps me a TON. if you know anymore i would be deeply in your debt.

can anyone help me on my other 2 questions?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Generally speaking roms for older systems will be a single file commonly ending in .rom .bin .smc(snes) .sms(Master system) .nes .gba(gameboy advance) or.sg and .sc for the sg1000 etc. There are variances from system to system but they will generally be a single file in one of these common formats.

Systems that use multi-part roms like mame usually have all the roms contained in a single zip file for each game which has to remain zipped and be put into the rom folder. This includes non CD Neogeo games.

CD based systems like the Playstation, and Sega Saturn use disk images. These will generally be in the form of either a single .iso file or a .cue and .bin file. Dependent on where you source them from, some of these will come as a multi-part rom in a rar file although when you 'unrar' it should put them back together.

Most of what you need in terms of artwork should live at screenshot archive. If you are looking for something specific thats not hosted there let me know and I'll try to help out. I have most systems emulated using a front-end and have managed to source screenshots and other artwork for 90% of them.

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
thanx a ton guys. mine are in rom format too, but are they supposed to be divided into several diffrent parts. my fatalfury1 is in 10 parts. does this mean its for mame?

beautiful on the carts fat trucker. this really helps me a TON. if you know anymore i would be deeply in your debt.

can anyone help me on my other 2 questions?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Generally speaking roms for older systems will be a single file commonly ending in .rom .bin .smc(snes) .sms(Master system) .nes .gba(gameboy advance) or.sg and .sc for the sg1000 etc. There are variances from system to system but they will generally be a single file in one of these common formats.

Systems that use multi-part roms like mame usually have all the roms contained in a single zip file for each game which has to remain zipped and be put into the rom folder. This includes non CD Neogeo games.

CD based systems like the Playstation, and Sega Saturn use disk images. These will generally be in the form of either a single .iso file or a .cue and .bin file. Dependent on where you source them from, some of these will come as a multi-part rom in a rar file although when you 'unrar' it should put them back together.

Most of what you need in terms of artwork should live at screenshot archive. If you are looking for something specific thats not hosted there let me know and I'll try to help out. I have most systems emulated using a front-end and have managed to source screenshots and other artwork for 90% of them.

??

Genome

north west south west
sorry about the double post, im not exactly sure why that happened.. all i did was open the thread.

anyway thanx for the info im glad you mentioned to leave them in the zip folder. i was about to extract them all.

(btw what about multi-part playstation games?)

im currently making a front end and i was needing all of the content i could get for basically every single system possible.

im looking for all of the box art, cart scans, and game manuals i can get. i would really appreciate if you could set me up with your stuff. i know its sounds ballsy to say all of it:( but i really do need all of it lol. i completely drained out everything that screenshots.com had and i still need alot more for my project.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
All of them is a bit of a broad term, as there are quite literally hundreds of systems and emu's out there, what else do you need?.

All my artwork, screenshot etc stuff is seperated into emu specific folders and probably runs to 9 or 10Gb in total so would literally take hours to sort through and send etc.

If you let me know what other systems you are putting on your front-end that you don't have screenshots etc for, I will dig up the links for the sites you need to download them.

Last edited: