Search results

1. N

Need help! About gameboy emulator

I really need your help. I'm making very simple emul. of gameboy. At now, I don't know how to obtain tile data table. Is it in the rom and initialized when the rom is loaded? Or, is it a table contains constant value embedded in the gameboy hardware?
  2. N

Making Gameboy Emulator!! Help!!!

I'm studying about Gameboy hardware to make its emulator. I got some docs of that. According to that, as I figured out, gameboy has "Tile Data Table" on VRAM area so that it can be referenced to display tile pattern on the screen. To make emulator I should have the "Tile Data Table" but there's...
  3. N

About ROM files. To make an emul..really need help

Hello guys. I'm to make a gameboy emulator. So I got some documents and ROM files. But I don't know about the ROM files. How can I analyze a ROM file? Is it just a binary file? (I have files which extensions are .gb .gba .vb) It's obvious that I need .gb one if I'll make gameboy emul. All I...
  4. N

Is there some kind of manual about PS1?

Hi. I'm to make an emulator for playstation1 newly. But I don't know the machine structure of PS1. Could you give me some documents about that if there are? I should know PS1's operating mechanism.(like machine language of it, power up sequence, memory addressing & allocation..etc) Please help...