Recent content by The Rising Sun

1. The Rising Sun

New Open Source Console/Mobile PC

Somewhere between the months July and August of 2008, the Pandora will be available for purchase to the public. The Pandora is an open source (open source - anyone can contribute and develop) video game console/ Mobile PC. One of its biggest features however is its dedication to emulators. There...
  2. The Rising Sun

Project 64 full screen jaggies ?

Hi guys, I'm having a little problem. Whenever I enter Project 64 into its full screen mode, all of the geometric models have jagged edges everywhere. I'm wondering if this is due to my graphics chip set or possibly the size of my monitor (wide screen, 19 in.) . I do not use a dedicated video...
  3. The Rising Sun

How Can I setup ZSNES on Linux ?

Any help Would be appreciated, thanks:)
  4. The Rising Sun

.iso and .img ?

How do I make .iso and .img files out of my original Play Station One CD's ?
  5. The Rising Sun

MDS and MDF file ?

I just burnt the first disc of my Final Fantasy 7 Game for ps1 using the Alchohol 120 % and I now have an MDS and MDF file. How do I play these on my emulator ? Please, could you guys give me step by step instructions ?:bow:
  6. The Rising Sun

Organizing Discs

Would you guys be able to tell me how to organizing my ROM files into discs ?, i have a game that spans multiple discs, each disc is broken up into ten separate files. do I just have to organize each disc file into it's own specific folder ?, or, should I organize them into one big file ? Any...
  7. The Rising Sun

800 MHZ FSB + 5333 MHZ RAM

Do you guys think I'd be able to run the following games on PCSX2 with a 2.2 GHZ Core 2 duo processor with an 800 MHZ FSB and 533 MHZ RAM ? Is RAM speed important ? What is an FSB and how does it's speed affect my computer ? Would I only get 533 MHZ performance if my RAM was the said and...
  8. The Rising Sun

C++ Programming Help ?

Could someone please give a link to a sit or book, preferably a free site that teaches me the latest version of C++ ?, and also a site that teaches video-game programming ?, every where I go online is too confusing for me to understand, I have no previous programming experience. I would like...
  9. The Rising Sun

PCSX2 + Core 2 Dou 2.20 GHZ + 533 MHZ RAM

Would a Core 2 Duo processor with an 800 MHZ FSB and 533 MHZ RAM be able to run Final Fantasy X, X-2, and X11 (12) ? , also would it be able to run Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 4 ? Could I use a 256 MB graphics card ?, what card would I need ?, I heard that Final Fantasy X and...
  10. The Rising Sun

Project 64 + Gamecube controller ?

Does anybody know if I will be able to play Project 64 with a Nintendo Gamecube controller connected to a USB adapter on my PC ?, how would I set up the controller ?. Also has anyone done this with Windows Vista ?, I've been able to get every emulator I've tried to work on Windows Vista through...
  11. The Rising Sun

Project 64 + Gamecube controller ?

Does anybody know if I will be able to play Project 64 with a Nintendo Gamecube controller connected to a USB adapter on my PC ?, also has anyone done this with Windows Vista ?, I've been able to get every emulator I've tried to work on Windows Vista through compatibility mode. Also, will I be...