Need best advice on loading a game

mapzilla

The game is Castlevania Chronicles. I have 8 separate .rar files each containing a .bin file that is over half a GB in size extracted. Each .bin file looks to have the same name, just a slightly different size. There is also a small .cue file included with each.

I first ran ePSXe using the first .bin file. Only played the first level so far. Is the game going crash at some point? There are 8 levels and coincidently 8 .bin files.

There is also a .sfv file. In notepad form it looks like a cue sheet. Can I mount a drive with daemon tools using the .sfv file? If not, what file do I need to mount the entire game onto a virtual drive?

I pray to God I don't have the extract all 8 .bin files. My copy of SOTN was less than 1GB. This would be 4 GB. Ouch.

Thanks in advance.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The .sfv file is there to check whether your files are correct (the originals which you downloaded). You can use f.e. QuickPar to check them. This step is not necessary when you have all the files.

You will have to extract one bin file from the RAR files. You will have to select the first one, right-click and choose "extract files". This will give you a .bin and cue file. You can now mount the .cue to your virtual drive.

Good luck!

mapzilla

Thank you for the tip. Really appreciate it.

If I'm just extracting 1 of the .bin files and the game runs fine, why would I need the other 7 archived files ( trying to save limited disk space) ? Does the .cue pull them in somehow?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The .bin file is devided over 8 files (mostly for easier down/uploading). If you extract the .bin from the first file, it will automatically use the other 7 files. So you do need them all ;)