Pixel Art

J

Jet Set Willy

I made some sprites for a game I never got around to making about 3 years ago. Not terrible, not great:

(yes, this is a man with a milk bottle for a body)

Attachments

• milkman.png
    milkman.png
    647 bytes · Views: 0

El Fugitivo

Looks shorter than a milk bottle, more like a mayonaise jar. Neat, though.

The links section of that site is pretty useful. I've already gotten a nice green pixel Winamp skin.

J

Jet Set Willy

Well, jar. Yeah, it's not quite milk bottle-ey, and isn't exactly meant to be. I just use that word to describe it.

Nick

I really like pixel art, especially the sprite-type that Waz posted. I've never tried my hand at it, because I didn't quite know how it was done. The link you posted is rather informative and a fine read, although I lack one of the major things needed....' basic art skills ' :)

I'll still give it a try once again, sometime.

One of my favourite pixel art scenes is this:

Mediaeval Village ( large file, but worth it )

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Nick@Mar 14 2004, 06:37 PM
I really like pixel art, especially the sprite-type that Waz posted. I've never tried my hand at it, because I didn't quite know how it was done. The link you posted is rather informative and a fine read, although I lack one of the major things needed....' basic art skills ' :)

I'll still give it a try once again, sometime.

One of my favourite pixel art scenes is this:

Mediaeval Village ( large file, but worth it )
Impressive scene and looks very amusing.
Unfortunately I lack basic art skills, so I'll just observe and maybe try it when I have some time on my hands and have learnt the basics.

slbrown

i too have no art skills. you cold give me a million years and i could not produce that picture.

J

Jet Set Willy

That Medieval Village looks like it would have been a fun game.

J

Jet Set Willy

I don't think so. The ground tiles and trees etc. aren't individually drawn, they're duplicates.

"Created using Photoshop 7 in approximately 2 Months"

Oh. Okay then.