I've been hacked (Honka split)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Re: HONKA-BALI-WOO-WOO

who did it ? And how ? :)

Jale

Someone changed my Passport.net password. I recovered it and it got changed again all of a sudden!

After I retrieved my password, I log in Messenger and I find my contacts are blocked ant then deleted.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal

Change everything.Give your nick/user/ID only 2 people you really trust.
Search for spyware and trojans.You got an antivirus soft ?

Jale

-=VampyR=- said:
Change everything.Give your nick/user/ID only 2 people you really trust.
Search for spyware and trojans.You got an antivirus soft ?
Yeah. Antivirus, antispyware, firewall, everything up to date. And it's my passport.net account that got hacked, not my Gmail account.

And I trust everyone on my contact list, I have even disabled people that are not on my list to contact me.

Last edited:

hagbard

Someone might have found another bug on the MSN account password recovery system, or is just using a non fixed exploit...

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member

Has microsoft removed the "lock out" feature from Passport accounts? That's probably one of the best safeguards unless you have a really stupid "secret question" there.

Keep in mind that if a new hotmail hack is out there it would have been well known by now.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal

It doesn't have to be a new MSN/Yahoo exploit.
Simply hacked his PC,through other methods.Found out password..the rest is easy...

305soldier

hsdhaasd!

Yea like -=VampyR=- said, it's seriously easy to steal someone's password through a RAT or keylogger. Have to becareful of what you download and ALWAYS scan your files. I suggest www.virusscan.jotti.org. just upload your file and scan it. It doesn't need to be anybody on your contact list just someone that either knows who you are or that just wants to have fun hacking people. RATs are funner though, keyloggers are just to steal information :glare:

Jale

F*ck that, I'm back to my old account. It has the same contacts, but the difference is that it's hotmail and not gmail.