Having fun with archive.org

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
That thing is scary! Eww... There was some funny shit back then, take a look at the last newspost.
Note: That page is exactly one month before I got my first PC...
What do you think boss? Should I start posting news like the one at Wednesday, May 19, 1999 :blink:

But enough about EZ. Lets hope I never make this kind of crap again: 1 & 2... Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post your funny/strange old pages.

(as you can see I exposed my own shit as well, do the same)

Codeine

My first post. . .I got flamed by Waz, and a whole bunch of other people. For a stupid reason too, they thought I was some chauvinistic American. It was about Final Fantasy...the re-packaged 1st and 2nd games for the NES, being released on Playstation.

I've been trying to find it for a long time now, but I haven't yet.

What say you?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you have a link to post or a comment on somebody else's link dont bother posting.

Codeine

______________________________________________________ _____________________________________/'¯/).____________________________ ____________________________________/'¯./_____________________________ ___________________________________/¯../._____________________________ ___________________________./¯..//'¯.`/'¯.`/¯../______________________________ ___________________________('(....'....'....../'.......\._____________________________ ___________________________\.......................'....')_____________________________ ____________________________\'...\.................·'/______________________________ ____________________________.'\....\..............·'_______________________________ ______________________________\.................(_______________________________ _______________________________\................\.______________________________ _______________________________________________________________________

What say you?

hitmonlee

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Feb 4 2004, 03:57 PM
Unless you have a link to post or a comment on somebody else's link dont bother posting.
dude, that's fucking harsh.

now i understand why everyone is so pissed with you.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Er, yeah I also don't think Codeine's first post in this thread was that bad.

But ah... the memories. The site still had the ugly green theme then.
Everything was edited by hand too (although I think I already deployed
server-side-includes by then).

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
>> "dude, that's fucking harsh"
Yes it is but I asked about arhive.org links, not a story about his first post. I did love his next reply though :)

Ok, you cant see much(images wont show) but you can tell how bad it is: My old school - 1998
Note: It was before I go there. Things are not that bad nowdays.

>> "But ah... the memories"
Well, let's see something else :msn_devil:
The last thing I added before going to the army compared to what we have today. I guess I'm just like wine, I'm getting better as time passes...

Codeine

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Feb 4 2004, 10:06 AM
>> "dude, that's fucking harsh"
Yes it is but I asked about arhive.org links, not a story about his first post. I did love his next reply though :)

I also said that I've been trying to find it for forever, jerk :angry:

What say you?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I say that you will never find it. Storing forums in archive.org is very buggy. There are only a few pages stored from each forum.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by http://www.archive.org/about/faqs.php
How do you archive dynamic pages?

There are many different kinds of dynamic pages, some of which are easily stored in an archive and some of which fall apart completely. When a dynamic page renders standard html, the archive works beautifully. When a dynamic page contains forms, JavaScript, or other elements that require interaction with the originating host, the archive will not contain the original site's functionality.
I win.

Codeine

Please, Leftetris_D, show me where I said otherwise.

You arrogant fucking jerk, get it through your think rimmed skull, you have an issue with inferiority. Seriously check this out, a shrink or something. Either that, or your graspe of English is so poor that you think "STFU" is a retort to what you said. Which it wasn't.

I'm seriously stumped on which one it is.

What say you?

Mourgos

Peace be with you.Obviously there was a misunderstanding here.There is no need to start flaming each other for such an idiotic reason.

Codeine

I didn't really flame him, sans the "You arrogant fucking jerk, get it through your think rimmed skull" thing.

The rest was my honest evaluation.

What say you?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone can tell that your "STFU" was directed to me and I replied accordingly(by quoting official information). You are the one that is using insults, not me :)
Lets just stop, ok?

What say you?

Codeine

I say, I only said "STFU", I did not question your statement in anyway (god forbid!), and you replied with totally irrelevant information, along with "I win".

What say you?

Mourgos

The stfu was obviously directed to you but not to claim that what you said to him about archive.org was wrong.He just wanted to insult you.

Misunderstanding over.Case closed.

Edit:Argh you were faster than me

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I admit that I did act badly in this thread towards Codeine and I do need to apologize.

I'm sorry Codeine, I will try not to act like that against you or anyone else. Are you satisfied with that apology? :)
Btw, it was not a statement, it was my opinion out of personal experience.

Originally posted by Mourgos+Feb 5 2004, 01:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mourgos @ Feb 5 2004, 01:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>He just wanted to insult you.[/b]

I am aware of that my friend, the trick is not to let him get to me :)
<!--QuoteBegin-Codeine
@Jan 29 2004, 12:22 AM
If the forum was dead, I posted something of an uplifting nature to stimulate your "FUCK YOU" radar.[/quote]

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
So you dont accept my apology? Btw, I quoted that text for Mourgos not you.

What say you?