So, thinking of getting a PSP 3000 for emulating games...

XOIIO

Hey all, I found a dell axim x51v laying around, found emulators for it and it's kind of fun mucking about with old games however it's pretty limited, I have a DS lite I haven't touched in ages so I'm thinking of selling/trading that to get a PSP 3000 to emulate games, I'm just wondering what the sort of limitations of it are, and how well it works to emulate stuff.

I'm most interested in emulating the N64 so that I could play star fox 64 on it, I have some fond memories of playing that on a PC emulator with a friend, can the PSP 3000 emulate games like that very well? I'm doubting it, but can it manage gamecube? I do have a gamecube kicking around just no TV lol.

Basically just wondering if it can emulate NES, SNES, GB/GBA, N64 and other classic consoles. I'm too young to have played any as a kid, but I am sort of liking the retro-ness.

Also, does it use a standard SD card, or is it some sony proprietary one like in the PS vita?

XOIIO

I'm also thinking of a PSP go, they are similarly priced on ebay, just a little bit more, phoned all the game stores and can't find any PSP 3000's, I'm just not sure which is better for emulation.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I never had a PSP however I have heard some SD cards had issues with it. Always do a research on the memory card before buying one. Before picking a PSP3000 or a GO I would also check online what your options are with each (in terms of running the emulators, some versions of the hardware may not be compatible).