Short question: How do I play .bin files using espxe?

kpres

Ok, I got my epsxe set up last night. It took a bit of hunting. Felt really cool. Really techy. Avoided pitfalls like "SCPH1001.exe". I've got .bin files (and .cue files) of FF7 discs 1, 2, and 3, and I'm planning on playing through it on the winter break to relax and de-stress and celebrate being a bachelor.

That's the personal background. Here's the technical:

I have epsxe, as downloaded from this site. I also have SCPH1001.bin in the bios folder, which is working. I played Machine Hunter via CD ROM last night and it worked for a bit, then crashed. That's not the problem I'm trying to solve here, but it's also important, and I'll want to figure that out later. I've also got FF7.bin and FF7.cue in a folder together somewhere else on my computer. In terms of computer specs, I'm at 12 GB RAM and 2.4 GHz processor, so I'm fine as far as power goes. I also downloaded a GPU from Pete's GPUs: specifically gpupete177.zip, which contains gpuPeteD3D.dll, gpuPeteDX6D3D.dll, and gpuPeteOpenGL.dll. These also work fine. Am I missing something?

Here's the problem: I don't know how to run FF7 on my emulator. Can someone please tell me?

If you can help me with this, I owe you a solid snake.
Cheers,
kpres

Last edited:

down51

Simply Run Epsxe select File - Run ISO