Pokemon Leaf Green stuck on a loop...help?

I went through and defeated the Elite Four the first time around, however I did not have it set to in game saving and realized after the game reset that it did not save any of my progress. However, bright little me decided that it was a wonderful idea to just go back and defeat them again, but this time going under file and save game when I defeated my rival. Now, the game is stuck on a loop, with the game beginning where the credits start to roll and ending with the prompt to begin a new game. Can anyone help me salvage this situation? I've put a lot of time into this game and I would really be upset if it is not fixable. thank you.

SPEAGLES

Same problem.

"I have a problem with the emulator as well. I've played through a couple of different Pokemon (have to relive the days of my childhood! ), but every time I beat the Elite Four, and I have to restart the game, it only puts me back to where I just saved. I assume it has something to do with the fact that I'm not saving in-game with the emulator, but rather saving all of the information about the current game, almost like simply putting it on pause.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

I appreciate any responses, and please take into consideration that I'm rather computer-illiterate. I may have to ask for some patience when you go about helping me.

Thanks again."

Can someone PLEASE help us with this!

I'm using the VBA 23.2 emulator.

Last edited:

SPEAGLES

60 views and nobody has any words of advice at all? I've searched the forum, I can't find anything that looks like the issue laid out in this thread.

I'm highly disappointed that the forum claims to be the best place to solve emulator issues and neither myself nor rain can even get a simple reply.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I already did a search for that problem but I could find nothing as well, the only thing I can try is to replicate your problem but that would require playing the game quite a bit :/

SPEAGLES

I guess I'm not saving it right. I'm basically saving outside the game... I don't go to the in-game menu and save, I use the emulator menu. Is there away to activate the in-game save option? When I go to save in the game it says, "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory."

I searched the huge thread on Pokemon issues, but the parts that I think would help me were far too technical.

Did this post help explain my issue (and what I think the OP's problem is as well)?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If your save file is still there, I would advise that you try to first boot the game, and then try loading the save file afterward. Not sure if that will help, but that is my only guess.

SPEAGLES

I guess I'm not explaining it very well... I can't save IN the game. I can only use the emulator to freeze-frame the game and hold my spot, if that makes sense. I don't so much as "save" the game as put it on pause and exit out of the emulator.

Is there a way to activate the in-game save feature of an emulated game?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
You should already be able to, because now I know what you mean by a "loop". Your save state, which sends you back to the same point, will not allow you to continue with the game, now I get it! Unfortunately, there is no way around it as far as I can see. There could be a way around it, but it would require Saved State conversion and I am pretty sure its not really worth it, because it is basically manual conversion. Unless you can play around with the emulator, I am afraid you wont be able to do much about that, sorry. :(

SPEAGLES

You should already be able to, because now I know what you mean by a "loop". Your save state, which sends you back to the same point, will not allow you to continue with the game, now I get it! Unfortunately, there is no way around it as far as I can see. There could be a way around it, but it would require Saved State conversion and I am pretty sure its not really worth it, because it is basically manual conversion. Unless you can play around with the emulator, I am afraid you wont be able to do much about that, sorry. :(

Can you explain to me what that is and how I go about doing it? I'd be willing to do it, even if it means starting over.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
First, could you tell me what Emulator you are using? Mostly all emulators use their own special Saved State encoding.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
awww man, I don't know much about VBA saved states, When i open them with my programs I don't get any memory addresses or hexs, I think it might use a compression algorithm. Sorry man, I kinda hit a wall here. :(

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I would guess you would want to use NO$GBA, It has some pretty cool options and stuff, but I think you might want to try different PKMN Leafgreen roms and see if you could in-game save with those first, If you haven't already.

medjose16

solution of all of your problems

First, could you tell me what Emulator you are using? Mostly all emulators use their own special Saved State encoding.

the answer of your problem is easy just use an emulator of nintendo DS ^_^ thats my problem when im playing the leaf green in VBA emulator but when i look at the option of vba and my emulator in ds there saving file are different the required memory of leaf green is 1m. but in vba it has only 128k that why you can't save the game :p

medjose16

Re: solution of all of your problems

the answer of your problem is easy just use an emulator of nintendo DS ^_^ thats my problem when im playing the leaf green in VBA emulator but when i look at the option of vba and my emulator in ds there saving file are different the required memory of leaf green is 1m. but in vba it has only 128k that why you can't save the game :p
and here my problem i finish my game by using save state T^T i catch the rare pokemon in VBA. so if you will play the emulator of DS you will start for d beggining T^T
and there's no speed hack T^T how lame T^T