Most stupid question ever.....:)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
So here is this question which really piss me off when i play CSOTN (Saturn Version) , i don't know which button shows up the MAP ,i tried all of them ,USB GAMEPAD 8 BUTTONS ,Keyboard, tried all the buttons the 8 of them ,and no one shows up the map. Is this an emu problem or do i need a button combination to bring up the map in SSF?

Of course i know the map to perfection ,but i just want to see how much have i covered ,have i left something unfilled in the large areas,and of course my main concern is about the new areas,UNDERGROUND HELL GARDEN and CURSED PRISON.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Have you checked the pad config thing to make sure you actually have all the buttons mapped to your controller?.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Absolutely.Tried all the 8 mapped buttons , even reconfigured them ,also tried with my keyboard.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I think you need to check the game manual. Because if there is a map in this version of the game it must be on one of your buttons.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I will try that ,and report back.I found it ,Press START for the menu and then L to display the castle map.Thanks retro.

Last edited:

Zach

Should be able to show the map on the fly with Select, I thought?

Been years since I played it, but that was the PSX version, I've only done small tests of the Saturn version

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Should be able to show the map on the fly with Select, I thought?

Been years since I played it, but that was the PSX version, I've only done small tests of the Saturn version

Well, The Saturn doesn't have the same buttons as Playstation so...

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Zach i advice you to play it on Saturn ,it has the best WALK ARMOR, a really nice new feature which is the GODSPEED BOOTS relic which lets you run really faster after finishing the first castle , and two new areas to explore. To me it seemed as i was playing a newer version of it. I really enjoyed it.It runs perfectly in SSF 0.10 Prototype.

Last edited: