gta san andreas

seether9111

ummmm i forget
ok, ran across good deal at wal-mart, had to buy it-GTA SAN ANDREAS.
installed game fine, tried to play game, WTF my pc running very slow during gameplay!its horrible!!!!

heres the thing, i also have vice city and gta 3 and both ran fine on my old machine:

gateway laptop
celeron m (1.6 ghz)
512 mb ram
ati radeon chipset(whatever that is)

i know that my new machine blow that one away:

sony vaio laptop
pentium dual-core(1.6+1.6)
2gb ram
i believe its DLNA GRAPHICS

how come my new machine wont play the game correctly??
maybe i am making simple mistake??i had read somewhere on the net about the game having incompatibility issues with dual core-processors?
is this the case??

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Hard to be sure but sounds like it has an onboard graphics chip which would be the main problem. Also dual core is ok but if you're running a game not optimised for dual core then you effectively just have a standard 1.6Ghz processor.

Probably the graphics chip though.

Jale

Because 1.6 GHz + 1.6 GHz doesn't mean 3.2 GHz, since the game was not optimized for dual core processors. Let's say, your game is only using one core.

The amount of RAM makes your game load faster and lag less during a in-game loading. Also, there's a frame rate improvement, but that's hardly noticeable.

I still think graphics are the real issue here.

onewecallgod

You should be able to play GTASA, but with fairly poor performance. Try updating the graphics drivers.

By the way, the DLNA thing has nothing to do with graphics.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
how could an inferior pc play those type games just fine, and my new one with better specs wont??

That added to the fact that GTASA is a much more graphically and processor intensive game than its predecessors. And your new one hasn't got 'better' specs as such, its a very slow Dual Core processor and on-board graphics which TBH aren't designed or equipped for gaming at all.