Anyway to change a key to represent 2 keys?

majax79

I'm playing a new game on an emulator and one move calls for me to hold down a+b but it's not working all teh time because of the difference in height of the keys.

Anyone know of a way to change temporarily 1 key like the "L" key to represent pressing two keys?

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
eh, I suggest you re-map your conrol settings,
if it's giving you a hard time, fix it, move keys where theye'er accessible,

assuming you're running n64 >>

anyway, multi key button is possible,
use N-Rage Input Plugin (2)
on the modifier's tab, click new modifier, highlight(click the newly created item)
and the right pane should be enabled, on the right pane,
select "macro" from the list, the set of n64 controls, check which buttons you wish to be pressed (multi key) to bind on the assigned key.
apply and you're done.

if you fancy, here's my gba and n64 controls (usually I'd play through my controller)

GBA, GB\C
D-PAD-> WASD
Sel & Start -> C, V
A & B -> numpad 2, numpad 1
L & R -> numpad 4, numpad 5(or 6)

n64>>
Analog -> WASD
D-Pad -> depend's on the game, (move it to Wasd or use TFGH)
A & B -> Numpad 2, Numpad 1
Z -> Numpad 0 (Ins)
L & R -> Num 4, Num 6 )or Q, E
C-Buttons -> Play around with it, Either Arrow Jeys or the spare buttons at the Numpad.

Zach

You should be able to remap the keys in any emulator on the planet as far as I know.

However, emulators being played on keyboards have long had problems with registering key presses involving 2 or more keys at the same time, or near simultaneously.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
You should be able to remap the keys in any emulator on the planet as far as I know.
some cant be :p "enes 1.0"

anyway, you can't press more than 3 buttons on your keyboard at the same time.

--
You cant press more than 3 keys on the keyboard simultaneously coz of 2 things..

1st thing thing is that the keyboard is not programmed to detect more than 3 keystrokes simultaneously
2ndly, the interface, usually PS/2 keyboard, does not support more than 3 key signals at a time to the motherboard.

So if at all you need to get to press more than 3 keys at one, my advice is to get a USB interface keyboard, that is programmed to detect more than 3 keystrokes. Most gaming keyboards (and possibly high-end business keyboards) have this.
-- LNK

not sure how accurate this is though.

more detail > www.askageek.com (Pushing More Than 3 Buttons On A Keyboard Causes Sound)
http://www.askageek.com/2007/11/08/pushing-more-than-3-buttons-on-a-keyboard-causes-sound/