Help!!! I really need a good tutorial for this problem.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi people

I have Norton Partition Magic 8.05 full version.(Not in Cd ,just downloaded it and entered the serial)
I have a 153 GB hard disk in which i have many vital programs , and really important files , not to mention all the Linux ISOS (but i have already burned them in several CDS and DVDS).

I need to create a new partition ,without losing any of the information i have on my HD so i need a step by step tutorial like this
Step 1: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(these X means do this and that for example)
Step 2: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
and so on until the final step.

Many thanks in advance.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
First of all what OSes have you got installed on your computer?

Past experience with PM8 is that it doesnt play nice with vista. So if you have Vista installed then might aswell delete PM8 now.

If youve got a livecd version of a linux distro you can always boot that up and run a program called GParted which will allow you to resize your partition althought im not sure who well GParted plays with Vista.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I already divided my HD into two partitions.
I am only using windows XP pro SP2 so no problems at all.
Now i have another question which is :

If I now uninstall PM8 ,will this affect my newpartition F:???

Zach

No.. Partitions are permanent, no matter what program created them. The only problem comes when trying to use multiple programs over the life of your partition setup.. Sometimes partitions created with one program don't play well when you try to use another program.. Sometimes I get sick of it and redo the whole table.. A very time consuming process since I have to dump all the contents of one drive onto another temporarily

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Thanks Zach. I burn NPM8 to a disc with the serial key included there.

I have no need to uninstall it since i 've done this process in my home PC.

But my intention is to do this to the work pc so i can hide my files really well to my LINUXMINT4.0 operating system ,so that i see the windows files,which other uses ,but they could not see my files.:D

Last edited: