What's Your Current Resolution?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
As a designer of web pages and such, curious about today's desktop resolutions being used, helps with programming displays right, though we're talking about "resolutions" not "revolutions" here. :p Mine: 1024x768 - Monitor & 800x600 - TV. Working by two here...

Thanks, it helps. ;)

Jale

1440x900 here.

The standard for web is 800x600.

TV should be 640x480, unless it's HDTV (1280x720 or 1920x1080).

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
1280x768

Zach

1280x1024

I've been coding for 1024x768 optimal for a long time though.
If it's not a dynamic layout, I just make sure it doesn't cause scroll bars to appear in 800x600

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Interesting... Looks as if I may have to "adjust" my tables and screen layouts as people seem to use higher Resolutions then I thought, hence making them appear in strange places or off-position...

Still helps though, thanks guys. ;)

Zach

If you can afford a good web stats program (I know some are insanely expensive.. I wish I could afford Deep Log Analyzer, personally)

You can track a lot of things like user resolutions, etc.. Helps a lot if you want to tailor your content to specifics of your majority viewership.

Also, moved this to web & technology as it kind of belongs here more than General Chat..

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Desktop: 128x1024 (19" screen)
Notebook: 1024x768 (14" screen)
HTPC: 1360x768 (32" screen :))

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
If you can afford a good web stats program (I know some are insanely expensive.. I wish I could afford Deep Log Analyzer, personally)

You can track a lot of things like user resolutions, etc.. Helps a lot if you want to tailor your content to specifics of your majority viewership.

Yeah, but this helps, knowing the highest and lowest resolutions used
out there... Quite cheaper I think. ;)

A friend of mine still actually uses 640x480, but I "suspect" a reason, as he wants to view things "maximized", if ya know what I mean... :p Guess his business is his own...

Also, moved this to web & technology as it kind of belongs here more than General Chat..

Sorry Zach, that was twice, guess I thought "General Chat" was a good
place, but maybe more "PC" related...

Zach

Well I've petitioned and gotten a name change for the forum so it's more clear to everyone now..

btw GHD.. my bro loves Animesuki. heh