OS X

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I have a Run-of-the-mill laptop with XP/Vista on it and I was wondering if I can install OS X:Leopard on a PC laptop.

If you need my specs just ask

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You can "unofficially". OSX86 is on going project that aims to make installing OSX easy on non-apple hardware.

Ive tried installing a hacking version of OSX on my laptop but it took so fricken long to boot up form the DVD that I gave up.

Visit the homepage of the OSX86 project and click on the left button to take you to a wiki that lists all working/non-working combinations of hardware and versions of OSX86

Official site here

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Seems too complicating nevermind, but thanks for the help

Zach

If you want both, better to buy a new x86/Intel Apple laptop or PC that runs Bootcamp and all that stuff.

Zach

Hey I don't set the prices, apple apparently thinks stupid people who can't use PC's should pay more for an easy to use one :bow:

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Well the Mac mini isn't that expensive, although you could build a Windows PC with the same components for less.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Seems too complicating nevermind, but thanks for the help
- I didn't find it all the bad? But ya putting a mac os on a x86 .. um ya its not going to be a cake walk. For the most part osx is a linux kernel. Putting Ubuntu's on there is for the most part the same thing. just none of the os-x like GUI elements. So it depends on why you want to do this. Also the x86 build of osx has horrible video response for obvious reasons. So it may not be worth it for emulation FYI.